N/S Jaguars Expected To Reach Out To Tom Couglin (1 Viewer)

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Coughlin could right that ship. I always thought he was a really good coach.

RaginSaint93

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That will be good for the Jags, I wonder if he will be able to do like he did with the Giants

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is age. Does he have the hunger and energy level to do an incredibly draining and demanding job? But if so, he seems a good fit for Jacksonville.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
The problem is age. Does he have the hunger and energy level to do an incredibly draining and demanding job? But if so, he seems a good fit for Jacksonville.
He certainly thinks so, judging by his exit from the NYG. And it didn't seem like his age was holding him back from handling the head coaching duties in NY either. I never heard any reports of him being out because of his health or stamina or anything related to his old age.

Besides, we've recently had two coaches in the league miss time with their teams for being hospitalized who are much younger than Coughlin.

Nonreg

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I live in Jacksonville; this deal is going to become official. Coulghin loves Jacksonville and has a huge charity event down here

OP
Saint Jack

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I live in Jacksonville; this deal is going to become official. Coulghin loves Jacksonville and has a huge charity event down here
Just asking. Since you're a local, do you foresee any spike in interest in the city if/when it becomes official?

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Didn't he coach Jacksonville prior to going to NY.

OP
Saint Jack

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Didn't he coach Jacksonville prior to going to NY.
Yeah. He coached from '95 to '02 and brough them the two division titles they own along with two AFC Championship appearances in '96 and '99 and a 68-60 overall record.

Reaction score
Yeah. He coached from '95 to '02 and brough them the two division titles they own along with two AFC Championship appearances in '96 and '99 and a 68-60 overall record.
Agreed. I'm a Jacksonvillian as well...the move makes ton of sense. He was the teams inaugural coach and the coach that gave the franchise the most success. It would be a move in the right direction.

honeybadger

Banned
Reaction score
Lots of talent there to work with, Bradley sure as hell doesn't know how to use it.

Saintsfan8989

SaintSational
Reaction score
That team won 4 playoff games in their first five seasons...as an expansion franchise. He was coach when they shocked Denver, won in Buffalo, had 70,000 plus every game. They've won 1 playoff game in 15 years since. I think he brings them credibility.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Dom Capers also did well with the Panthers in those early seasons. Not sure how much of both of these was coaching and how much was the NFL making sure their new upstart teams succeeded (look at what they were given compared to new teams in the past). Coughlin is a discipline guy no doubt but I would not want him coaching my team. He is too old now and his teams have always been, for a lack of a better word...boring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom