N/S Jaguars Expected To Reach Out To Tom Couglin (1 Viewer)

That will be good for the Jags, I wonder if he will be able to do like he did with the Giants

The problem is age. Does he have the hunger and energy level to do an incredibly draining and demanding job? But if so, he seems a good fit for Jacksonville.

The problem is age. Does he have the hunger and energy level to do an incredibly draining and demanding job? But if so, he seems a good fit for Jacksonville.

He certainly thinks so, judging by his exit from the NYG. And it didn't seem like his age was holding him back from handling the head coaching duties in NY either. I never heard any reports of him being out because of his health or stamina or anything related to his old age.

Besides, we've recently had two coaches in the league miss time with their teams for being hospitalized who are much younger than Coughlin.

I live in Jacksonville; this deal is going to become official. Coulghin loves Jacksonville and has a huge charity event down here

I live in Jacksonville; this deal is going to become official. Coulghin loves Jacksonville and has a huge charity event down here

Just asking. Since you're a local, do you foresee any spike in interest in the city if/when it becomes official?

Didn't he coach Jacksonville prior to going to NY.

Didn't he coach Jacksonville prior to going to NY.

Yeah. He coached from '95 to '02 and brough them the two division titles they own along with two AFC Championship appearances in '96 and '99 and a 68-60 overall record.

Yeah. He coached from '95 to '02 and brough them the two division titles they own along with two AFC Championship appearances in '96 and '99 and a 68-60 overall record.

Agreed. I'm a Jacksonvillian as well...the move makes ton of sense. He was the teams inaugural coach and the coach that gave the franchise the most success. It would be a move in the right direction.

Lots of talent there to work with, Bradley sure as hell doesn't know how to use it.

That team won 4 playoff games in their first five seasons...as an expansion franchise. He was coach when they shocked Denver, won in Buffalo, had 70,000 plus every game. They've won 1 playoff game in 15 years since. I think he brings them credibility.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom