N/S Jaguars Moving To London A Possibility (2 Viewers)

And they’re going to “rebrand” the team. They’ll keep the name. But you’ll have to pronounce it differently: “jag-you-are”

Khan owns Fulham FC ...thats why the rumors i would imagine.

And like the Jags previously, they are just a game outside relegation zone. ( still early in season, but Roy Hodgson is manager and isnt that good of one )

They were relegated to First Division in 2014 thru 2017 - just made it back to EPL.
Roy Hodgson is at Palace.

And they’re going to “rebrand” the team. They’ll keep the name. But you’ll have to pronounce it differently: “jag-you-are”

Lol my ex wife used to make me say it that way. She’d just laugh and laugh when I’d say “jagwire”

Khan owns Fulham FC ...thats why the rumors i would imagine.

And like the Jags previously, they are just a game outside relegation zone. ( still early in season, but Roy Hodgson is manager and isnt that good of one )

They were relegated to First Division in 2014 thru 2017 - just made it back to EPL.

Hmmm.
I thought he owned Manchester U?
I could definitely have my signals crossed.

This is such a terrible idea.
They'll sell out every week which is all the owners and the league care about. But nobody will change their team to the Jags, they might pick up some new fans of the sport but the games will be just like the international series games. 75%+ neutral and no homefield advantage.

Nice to see how the biggest hold up is how Khan and the players can avoid those steep taxes on high incomes.

I don't know why they keep trying to force this London idea. Are there metrics that show a strong desire for American football in the UK, or is this just the NFL trying to cram their product down a foreign country's throat? Canada seems like the more logical choice since they already have the CFL there as a quasi feeder league.

Move Miami into the AFC South and Jacksonville/London into the AFC East. Make the Patriots, one of the MAJOR proponents of the International move, have to travel to London every year.

NYJ, Buf and NE would be the "closest" to London of any three other NFL teams currently in one division.

Would make more sense if they moved to Mexico.... plus I really like tacos.

I love tacos too but ain't noway a team is going to that country in its current condition.

What player in their right mind would take their family to Mexico City given the issues with kidnappings and the cartels?

I don't know why they keep trying to force this London idea. Are there metrics that show a strong desire for American football in the UK, or is this just the NFL trying to cram their product down a foreign country's throat? Canada seems like the more logical choice since they already have the CFL there as a quasi feeder league.
The reason you put a team in the UK is to sell more expensive broadcast rights to UK media companies. The whole purpose of putting a team there is to increase broadcast revenue. No other reason.

Move Miami into the AFC South and Jacksonville/London into the AFC East. Make the Patriots, one of the MAJOR proponents of the International move, have to travel to London every year.

NYJ, Buf and NE would be the "closest" to London of any three other NFL teams currently in one division.

Honestly, that would make a lot of sense. NYC to/from London is not really much different that NYC to California. Stephen Ross would probably be the owner willing to do it as well, though it still could be a hard sell (like always) to move a team from one division to another. But logistically that's a solid idea.

It's a 6 hr flight from San Fran to New York.

Add 50 mins and you can get from NY to London.

Longest flight I could find was London to LA @ 10hrs & 10 mins and that was only 5 mins longer than London to Green Bay.

Which is to say that you are only adding a max of 4 hrs travel.

With creative scheduling, I bet it could be made to work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom