N/S Jalen Ramsey asks for trade (1 Viewer)

This is something where even if we bring him in, I don’t see it helping. It’s scheme related forsure. Lattimore, apple, prob and Williams should be able to handle these issues. Would he be a better addition? Yup but I still think it falls on scheme and coaching

This is something where even if we bring him in, I don’t see it helping. It’s scheme related forsure. Lattimore, apple, prob and Williams should be able to handle these issues. Would he be a better addition? Yup but I still think it falls on scheme and coaching

He could probably track a fast receiver in man coverage down the field. It seems ONLY lattimore can do this to any extent in our secondary. Any other CB needs help over the top and our over the top help seemingly stares down a qb and bites on every fake.

He could probably track a fast receiver in man coverage down the field. It seems ONLY lattimore can do this to any extent in our secondary. Any other CB needs help over the top and our over the top help seemingly stares down a qb and bites on every fake.
We should have help over the top against speedy receivers. There is always a way to provide an umbrella and have a 5 man pressure if you can scheme the right way

Ok I spent 7 years in college for a doctorate degree and continue my education to maintain and expand my license and still continue to do so long after he's retired from the NFL. You say that statement as if I was flipping burgers and got laid off.

The sad reality is that there is much higher demand for shutdown CB's than there is for PHd's.

That's one of the things about modern pro sports that folks in our age bracket will never really understand. Seemed like things were better -- for fans, admittedly -- when players had less control over the labor side of things.

Either there were a heckuva lot of miserable pro athletes 30+ years ago ... or the definition of 'misery' had changed since then.
Of course some players were miserable back in the day, they just didn't have as many resources and examples for making these kind of moves.

Players today have looked at their basketball playing peers and are starting to take control of their careers like nba players have been doing for years.
I don't mind it personally and just chalk it up to the way things are going.

@lforet2002

What’s good dude? You want to say something to my post? I’d like to hear you disagree and make an argument with what I have stated.

I gave you facts that we were #29 ranked pass defense last year.

I gave you facts that our pass defense looks no different in the last two games.

I gave you facts that PJ Williams has gotten beat and burnt for at least 1 TD per game. A good tackler, but liability in coverage.

I gave you facts that Lattimore doesn’t look like himself during his rookie year. Still our best corner.

I gave you facts that Eli looks no different than Crawley.

Stop smelling their jocks and make a counter argument if you really think our pass defense is good.

Fans are so emotionally invested in the players To a point where they refuse to accept anything negative facts about them. The dude acts like I straight up just trashed our whole defense—I even said our pass rush and run defense has been great.

I'm just saddened by this idea that we should acquire every player who comes up in a cut/trade rumour.

The way you all would spend future first round picks, you make Loomis and Payton look conservative!

I've seen it reported the Jags want 2 1st round picks... So you get him this season and next for 13 million all for the bargain price of your franchises future.

Teams interested? Chiefs, Eagles....

Last edited:
Reading on CBS that Seattle is one of the interested teams. I certainly hope he doesn’t end up in Seattle as imo he’s a great corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom