N/S Jalen Ramsey asks for trade (1 Viewer)

It’s still just a job. If you were unhappy at your job or you and your boss got into it on a regular basis, would you not ask for a transfer or maybe look for a new job?
Why should he not do what he feels is best for him?
Being that I got laid off from a job in June that I absolutely hated, I still needed the income. He has the luxury of making enough money he could theoretically retire and live quite well off. If he wants out fine but he won't get any sympathy from me. I grew up under the impression that you worked your butt off and made things happen. Not gripe and moan until you get what you wanted. That's what children do. But that's just me. To each their own.

Being that I got laid off from a job in June that I absolutely hated, I still needed the income. He has the luxury of making enough money he could theoretically retire and live quite well off. If he wants out fine but he won't get any sympathy from me. I grew up under the impression that you worked your butt off and made things happen. Not gripe and moan until you get what you wanted. That's what children do. But that's just me. To each their own.

I’d venture to say he’s worked pretty hard his entire life to become one of the best in the world at his craft ??‍♂️

I’d also say that asking to be in a situation that is best for you and/or your family absolutely does not constitute griping and moaning.

And what in the world is with all of these players demanding trades and or to be released? Yuck.
That's one of the things about modern pro sports that folks in our age bracket will never really understand. Seemed like things were better -- for fans, admittedly -- when players had less control over the labor side of things.

Either there were a heckuva lot of miserable pro athletes 30+ years ago ... or the definition of 'misery' had changed since then.

There needs to be a “poison pill” clause in every contract. You do stuff like this to get out of your contract, for ANY reason, you are suspended a year. Taco Charleton doing the same thing. This will not end until they force it to end. You sign a contract, you play out your contract.

you hated the job and you got laid off
that implies there was a labor surplus
Ramsey is in a labor shortage position
if you hated your job and there were potentially 31 other places you could work, you wouldn't send out feelers?

btw sorry you got laid off
on bs about that - -getting laid off sucks

There needs to be a “poison pill” clause in every contract. You do stuff like this to get out of your contract, for ANY reason, you are suspended a year. Taco Charleton doing the same thing. This will not end until they force it to end. You sign a contract, you play out your contract.

Then the same needs to be said for the team. You sign your contract, they can’t cut you. Why are you siding with the evil multi billion dollar corporation rather than the individual?

Then the same needs to be said for the team. You sign your contract, they can’t cut you. Why are you siding with the evil multi billion dollar corporation rather than the individual?
I think there should be no restructuring from the team to player. With that said, Getting fired is part of life. If you don’t do your job you risk termination. Being a detriment to your team to get what you want by acting like a disgruntled person is not good for anyone.

Would I ask if I knew?
When we came up ... "the team" was the good guy. Fans got to know them, as once they got here they generally stayed on for a while.

The idea of players leaving teams whenever breaks those bonds -- or else never allows those bonds to form. That takes a lot away from fanship, in a lot of people's opinions. Everyone's a mercenary in the moment.

The money got so big, and the salary cap came into play ... teams have to make cutthroat decisions and play financial games with players. It's not to be jerks -- it's the way "The Game" is set up right now.

If guaranteed contracts (or more percentage of salary guaranteed) could be had in exchange for greater player loyalty ... that would be a fair tradeoff for most of the over-40 fan base.

Too many divas in the NFL. Getting old.

It is hilarious that it is always the individual who are the most outspoken when things are going well......are usually the first to jump ship when there is adversity.

I don’t think Ramsey is needed here, it has to be coaching at this point. I know Aaron Glen is a favorite for some, but a starting secondary with 2- 1’s and 2- 2’s has plenty of talent, in fact our second string nickel is a 1st and our starter would have been a 1st if not for a DUI right before the draft. It’s not a talent issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom