N/S Jamarcus Russell officially a bust? (1 Viewer)

I don't think anyone would do much better, to be honest. No worthy WR, terrible organization.

Not saying he is blameless. His greed really cost him. And his work ethic as well. So yeah, he hasn't done as good a job as he should have in working at his trade, being the first to show up and the last to leave, working tirelessly to try to learn and dissect defenses, ect-- but where is the support and mentors showing him the way, where is the help around him in terms of WR? Where is the continuity in coaches and offensive system? It goes both ways. Al Davis is a laughing stock. Just win baby. Ha. Jerry Jones, welcome to your future.

61 yards passing and 2 interceptions on 23 attempts? There are bad QBs on bad teams, but with his arm strength he oughtta be able to complete some balls, even if he can't read a defense.

Per Peter King:

"I think, from the sound of the boos at Oakland on Sunday, the locals have had just about enough of JaMarcus Russell. His first three series: three-and-out, interception on a deep ball intended for Heyward-Bey, another interception on a deep ball intended for Heyward-Bey. That dug the Raiders a 10-0 hole they could never get out of, and Oakland had to throw mostly short stuff the rest of the day, fearful of Russell turning it over more. His 12 completions resulted in a measly 61 yards. I'm starting to think we're watching the second coming of Ryan Leaf."

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the organization and the coaching situation.

lol Jamarcus "the whopper" Russell is just terrible, i dunno about bust but its creaping ever closer each passing game.

Which once again brings the focus down on Al, that guy is gonzo. You let Garcia go, who was obviously 10x the qb that Russell is. Just unreal.

Arron Brooks was an ok NFL quarerback. He was awful in Oakland. A rookie doesent stand a chance there. The system is completly broke and outdated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the organization and the coaching situation.

You know, this is also something to take into consideration, that portions of his play are directly related to the terrible leadership and coaching on top of that organization. Even with that tho, his accuracy is just horrendous.

I don't think anyone would do much better, to be honest. No worthy WR, terrible organization.

Not saying he is blameless. His greed really cost him. And his work ethic as well. So yeah, he hasn't done as good a job as he should have in working at his trade, being the first to show up and the last to leave, working tirelessly to try to learn and dissect defenses, ect-- but where is the support and mentors showing him the way, where is the help around him in terms of WR? Where is the continuity in coaches and offensive system? It goes both ways. Al Davis is a laughing stock. Just win baby. Ha. Jerry Jones, welcome to your future.

exactly.. the QBs you've seen be successful early on are successful because they come into great situations.. Matt Ryan (beast of a running game, solid oline, decent recievers, decent defense), Joe Flacco (decent o-line, decent recievers, solid running game, beast of a defense), Mark Sanchez (solid o-line, solid recievers, decent running game, beast of a defense and coordinator).. now for those of you calling Jamarcus a bust, where does he have any of that?.. sure he's been rumored to have a work ethic problem but in playing for an organization that has no clue what their doing who can blame him

IMO, I don't think anyone player, especially on offense, can reach CLOSE to their full potential within the Raiders' organization. Randy Moss was a below average WR and unable to produce for that team for Christ Sakes.

J. Russell was set up for failure since the day he was drafted. He had to hold out and miss the majority of the first part of the season because the Raiders did not want to pay him as the No. 1 pick. They actually wanted to pay him less than the top 3 players picked in the draft before him. If you pick someone at No. 1, you have to be prepared to pay him. Bottom line.

Based on the above, his first year was a complete wash. He started the following year, which was basically his first year in the league. He started off slow, but really came on the last 4-6 games. This year, he has started off slow again.

Furthermore, he has absolutly nothing at WR. His best option is a rookie WR, Louis Murphy. A young QB, coupled with a weak and/or inexperienced WR core, is a recipe for disaster.

With that being said, I think it is absolutely impossible to tell what type of QB he is capable of being. He was placed in the absolute worst position a drafted QB can be placed in. No young QB would have or would be succeeding in that franchise. IMO, the talents of J. Russell, Darren Mcfadden, and Michael Bush will be swallowed in the NFL's version of black hole.

I am a HUGE LSU fan, but Oakland needs to go with McCown.

61 yards passing and 2 interceptions on 23 attempts? There are bad QBs on bad teams, but with his arm strength he oughtta be able to complete some balls, even if he can't read a defense.

Per Peter King:

"I think, from the sound of the boos at Oakland on Sunday, the locals have had just about enough of JaMarcus Russell. His first three series: three-and-out, interception on a deep ball intended for Heyward-Bey, another interception on a deep ball intended for Heyward-Bey. That dug the Raiders a 10-0 hole they could never get out of, and Oakland had to throw mostly short stuff the rest of the day, fearful of Russell turning it over more. His 12 completions resulted in a measly 61 yards. I'm starting to think we're watching the second coming of Ryan Leaf."

Man, I think that it would be an improvement to see some Ryan Leaf-esque play. Russell said a while back that he doesn't need to put in the kind of time that Brees, Manning etc. put in (com ing in early, staying late etc.) to do what he needs to do. I think that this attitude shows every day.

I will always root for an LSU boy in the pro's except the week he's playing against the Saints. I will say that Russel for me is a huge huge bust because there is no excuse for his play when he has weapons around him.

Raiders have Bush, Mcfadden and vargus(when healthy) some decent WR's. They should be a 9-10 win team to challenge the charges for that divison period, end of story with some of that talent they have on defense to keep them in games.

Bad owner, now bad QB both need to go if they want to see a winning season.

Bust-a-licious.

Did anybody (other than Al Davis) ever really think that he would be a good NFL player?

A lunatic is running the funny farm in Oakland. I really think a novice fan could put togather a better staff and select better players. It's pitiful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being an LSU fan myself I hoped JMarc would turn into a good professional QB. He has a couple of things against him. The Raiders are a terrible organization #1. He though is partially responsible. I know he is a big boy but from all reports he has terrible workout habits and is not doing what a professional needs to do to succeed. He was put in the worst situation he could be for his development.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom