N/S Jameis Winston tells school "Girls are supposed to be silent" (1 Viewer)

Last year, it was looking worrisome that the three other QBs in our division were "rising up" and we would soon be at the bottom again.

Now, you have the Choke Artist, Mr. too pretty to jump on a fumble, and a criminal misogynist.

Meanwhile Brees is still the bad bad man he always has been :mwink:

Hindsight truly is 50/50

I'm far from a PC guy but that's something I would be uncomfortable even if it was a saints' player saying.

Blown out of proportion and taken way out of context. If he used another word instead of "silent", I doubt people would be in an uproar.

Here is his quoted response:

“I was making an effort to interact with a young male in the audience who didn’t seem to be paying attention, and I didn’t want to single him out so I asked all the boys to stand up,” Winston said. “During my talk, I used a poor word choice that may have overshadowed that positive message for some.”

Irresponsible headlining.

Also out of context.

More in the context of "Wait your turn, as right now I'm addressing the boys...as I totally make this up as I go."

He's still a lousy person overall.

The NFL PR machine is trying so hard to paint this guy as a reformed role model, but he can't help but let his true self shine through. For every Jabari Greer in the NFL, there is a Jameis Winston.

Blown out of proportion and taken way out of context. If he used another word instead of "silent", I doubt people would be in an uproar.

“I was making an effort to interact with a young male in the audience who didn’t seem to be paying attention, and I didn’t want to single him out so I asked all the boys to stand up,” Winston said. “During my talk, I used a poor word choice that may have overshadowed that positive message for some.”

Yep just a poor choice of wording.

Well you have to see it from Jameis' point of view. When women don't keep silent he tends to get in trouble.

More like - here is his publicist's statement emailed to the press to try and manage this guys image yet again

He tells women what they are supposed to be, polite, etc. that's more than just telling men to be leaders.

I can always remember hearing other women teacher tell the girls "girls are supposed to be quite, boys are loud" He articulated it poorly but anyone taking cheap shots with the rape allegation is an imbecile. So much negative energy today and I'm in gut check mode!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom