N/S Jamie Collins to the Browns [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Has Collins been playing badly? I am shocked that New England would make this trade given the strong Super Bowl run it is making.

Has Collins been playing badly? I am shocked that New England would make this trade given the strong Super Bowl run it is making.

No he has been playing great. ITT we have some praising the pats, but I don't get it. Don't they get a third if he walks? I don't know if I give up half a season plus the playoffs just to get a third round pick a year earlier.

NkGB6UD.png

If the potential of being traded to the Browns from a legitimate Super Bowl contender doesn't get your attention -- nothing will. :)
Incredible insight into their culture if true, in addition to what Ochocinco said about Belichick and the way he runs that team.

They may have. Or the Patriots wanted a pick at the top of the round and went straight to the source.

I think it has less to do with that and more to do with BB wanting to send a message and trading one of their best defenders sends that message but sending him to the Browns sends a VERY LOUD MESSAGE.

I hope he's our main priority in FA. This guy would be an absolute perfect fit for what we need along with a great fit in DAs defense. I think he's worth Oliver Vernon $ and would be worth every penny to our team. We sign him and have some health our defense is instantly changed. This guy can play all LB positions in a 4-3 and 3-4 while having the ability to be a stud rusher off the edge in our system. IMO he's a better fit in our defense rushing the passer more often which he wasn't always doing in NE. Versatile players like Collins don't come around often and we should be after him this off season. I believe he grew up a Saints fan if I remember correctly. We are close to his home so maybe that is important to him if the $ is close with the Browns.

When we faced the Patriots in preseason this year Collins was all over the field, he stood out as a good player but he must not be "doing his job"

Belichick is playing 4D intergalactic chinese checkers while the rest of the NFL plays tic tac toe.

I think Bellichick plays kal-toh.

All seriousness aside, Bellichick will not trade away a good player unless he has someone as good or nearly as good coming up behind him. He no doubt has someone he likes to replace Collins.

While talking with the Improper Bostonian, Collins was asked what kind of football he likes to watch and his answer was basically "none."
The inclusion of Chandler Jones, who was traded to the Cardinals this offseason, in the quote is revealing as well.

(Q) Which would you rather watch: college football or pro?

(A) Neither. I didn't grow up watching football, and I still don't. Me and Chandler Jones have talked about this since I first got up here. I never watched football. I never thought I'd be here, and I'd rather play video games. I don't really want to watch it.

This Jamie Collins quote might provide insight into why Bill Belichick traded him - CBSSports.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom