N/S Jamie Collins to the Browns [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The Pats just traded Jamie Collins to the Browns for a 3rd!! I wanted that guy so bad coming outta college I wish we could've traded for him :jpshakehead:

Now that's Big but a good trade for the Browns.

Big win for the Pats. Get something solid in return and also get to avoid big contract issues. Basically it's the equivalent of letting him walk and not waiting a year for the compensatory pick...which they'd likely get a 3rd anyhow but this 3rd is higher.

Man Bellichick is smart [Mod Edit :nono: ]

Deep draft next year too

Last edited by a moderator:
Belichek is playing chess again.

He def is. I think the highest you can get for a compensatory pick is a 3rd. Yet because they start after the last pick in the 3rd it's almost like a early 4.

He got a late 2nd a year early considering the Browns are going nowhere this year even with that move.

Def helps the Browns as he's a premiere player but Bill Maximized the value he would have gotten if they couldn't get him under contract in a year.

Strange, I wonder why the saints didn't make a play for him b/c supposedly they were all set to draft him http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/f...ins-some-inside-info-regarding-saints-292739/

Think of it this way. Had we drafted him he'd be a player we were going to keep this offseason. He might not even resign with the Browns opening us up to court him in FA. Maybe he gives us a discount.

Can't avoid fate..just takes a little while. He'd be the one Huge FA pickup I wouldn't mind.

Unless they tag him. Darnitt?!? Forgot they have that option

NkGB6UD.png

Apparently wanted Von Miller money too. Yeah, not gonna happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom