N/S Jared Allen warned his sack celebration will be a penalty and maybe a fine next time [merged] (1 Viewer)

mikaloyd

minion_patriot_drinker
Reaction score
An NFL spokesman confirmed Sunday that the league has informed Allen and the Vikings that the All-Pro defensive end will be penalized and possibly fined if he performs his "calf roping" celebration after a sack. FOX Sports first reported the story.
The league prohibits players from going to the ground in celebrations. After sacks, Allen takes a knee, pretends to rope a calf and then throws his arms in the air. Allen presumably can still perform his celebration as long as he's standing on his feet.
http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/104249098.html?elr=KArksUUUycaEacyU

Dang it Goodell! You are going to make me defend a Viqueen! Let that boy boogie woogie. He isnt hurting anything with his goofy calf roping dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
HA HA.. I thought Tracy Porter invented that routine in the NFCCG :hihi:

web.jpg

Who Dat!?

:gosaints:

Why worry about such trivial things? Go get a CBA signed and let the fans have something to watch, Goodell.

Hey, mister! This is the No Fun League. None of that entertaining stuff, please. We have fans to disenfranchise, here.

What I find weird about all this is that as money-driven the owners seem to be, they (and I assume this nonsense comes down from them) don't understand that this type of silliness draws people. Banning it gives people less to talk about and in a league where "build-up" is as important as the actual games, stuff to talk about is paramount to drawing more fans.

"There is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about." - Oscar Wilde

The whole "don't celebrate anything" tactic is a mistake on their part IMHO.

I don't think Jared Allen should be allowed to the tracy porter either.
:mwink:

Sure, he should. He just has to send Porter a cheque every time he does it! :hihi:
And don't give me any of that "I did it first" stuff. The one who masters it is the one who gets the credit. :ezbill:

I wonder how this rule would come into effect if he just stayed on the ground after a sack.

Ridiculous that this is the thing that the idiot commissioner worries about.

Why worry about such trivial things? Go get a CBA signed and let the fans have something to watch, Goodell.
I've gotta agree with this. Rather than worry about curtailing the antics of someone the fans (okay, stupid fans in this case) pay money to see, Goodell should be figuring out the CBA for next year. I realize that it's mostly lawyers and accountants working on it, but Roge could definitely be more involved if he's got time for this crap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom