N/S - Jared Allen (1 Viewer)

cki3915

Reaction score
Jared Allen has

I do not know what is more bizzare, that Jared Allen makes $14 Million a year or that he is complaining about it.

He should feel lucky that the Vikings haven't asked him to take a pay cut or get cut, because there is no way he gets $14 Million on the open market.

That is the one thing we can say about our players. They do not complain about their contracts to the media. Even guys who are asked to take a cut. Even Drew, during his contract ordeal, was very professional the whole time.

How they got Vilma to take not one but 2 cuts the last 2 years is beyond me. I guess that shows what kind of perspective he has.

He is not upset about making that kinda money, he even says point blank in the article he is "glad they are honoring his final year of the contract" He is discussing that he does not know where he will be playing football in 2014, there has been no discussion at all from the Vikings and he feels his best case scenario would be to stay with them.

He is not complaining at all about making 14 million, he is just uncertain about his future and he isn't even complaining about that, he is gonna just sorta go with it, and feels he holds all the cards after this season. Which is a good thing for him.

really? do you understand football?
Allen has been very productive; near the top of the NFL at his position for years. he was tied for 8th in the league for sacks last year, 1st in 2011, and 10 in 2010. he totaled 43 sacks in three season.

why would you think he wouldnt make 14mil (in the final year) of a contract?

on top of that he isnt even complaining.

number 2 in 2009 and number 5 in 2008, 2006 was the last time he didnt get 11+ sacks (he still had 7.5 which is better than W. Smiths avg) how much more could you ask from a guy?

I probably wasn't very clear in my original post. He has been all over the Minnesota press insinuating several times that he is not under any circumstances going to accept a pay cut. This was just the latest example. The problem is that the Vikings have not asked him to take a pay cut and have said that they will not ask him to. So, in essense, he is complaning about something that is not happening. It's just bizarre.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom