N/S Jeff McLane Twitter talks about Ravens LB Coach possibly to Eagles

sportsaint

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>And from late last night: Ravens LBs coach Ted Monachino told me GM Ozzie Newsome wouldn't block <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Eagles">#Eagles</a> if they are after him to be new DC.</p>&mdash; Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/298462414226198528">February 4, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:

Patman255

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
As far as the NFL rule on hiring goes, the move from LB coach to defensive coordinator is considered a lateral move and can be blocked by the retaining team.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
As far as the NFL rule on hiring goes, the move from LB coach to defensive coordinator is considered a lateral move and can be blocked by the retaining team.

Really? That's crazy... how is that a lateral move from "position coach" to "coordinator"? Cmon NFL...

Patman255

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Really? That's crazy... how is that a lateral move from "position coach" to "coordinator"? Cmon NFL...

Indeed. The NFL only recognizes assistant coaches and head coaches as the two tiers of coaching.

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we went after a 49er coach and they gave us permission.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we went after a 49er coach and they gave us permission.

I would not mind Tomsula or Leavitt, but I don't have a good feeling about Donatell. I think that the corners are the weakest point of the niners defense, and frankly I don't remember being impressed with the falcons defense when he was coordinator.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the Saints target as coach...could care less about the Eagles.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
And from late last night: Ravens LBs coach Ted Monachino told me GM Ozzie Newsome wouldn't block #Eagles if they are after him to be new DC.
&#8212; Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) February 4, 2013
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like Ted Monachino. Thats another guy I'd like to see run the D. He also seems like a guy who'll bring that killer attitude we've been missing the past few years. And on a side note, I think wherever he lands, guys like Paul Krugar and Ellerbe may follow. If the Eagles dont nab him, I think he'd be sneaky grab for us.

Waymer

Waymer
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're going to have to show proof of that for me to buy it. This is the 1st time I've ever heard of this. Ever.

What constitutes a lateral move? If the Jaguars wanted to bring in an offensive coordinator from another team who is under contract, could they give that person the title of Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator to get around the existing contract?

John: No. Technically, all moves involving assistant coaches moving to another position as an assistant is considered a lateral move and can be blocked. Teams often will allow position coaches to move to coordinator positions with other teams, but it’s not required.

Memory lapse

wizard1183

Very Banned
Reaction score
I would love to have him as our LB coach, but unfortunaetely he signed with espn

Yea I was just kidding. It'd would be phenomenal but I realize its a fairy tale. We just need a damn good MLB and a ball hawk and I think well be set.

Lukelv0

All-Pro
Reaction score

Correct. But no team is going to block that move. Otherwise they would have a very bitter coach on their hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.