N/S Jerramy Stevens (1 Viewer)

In defense of Cecil, I don't think that he actually raped anyone and he is actually serving time. However, it's very possibly a glimpse of what Cecil would have been had he received as many "Get out of jail free" cards as Stevens.

Wow, the Bucs forum is hard-core censoring this article. No links, no even real discussion over it.

Wow, the Bucs forum is hard-core censoring this article. No links, no even real discussion over it.

Husband (bucs fan) tried to post it over there and were told to remove it within 2 minutes or be banned. Yes they censor hardcore.

Disgusting stuff that guy got away with.
Was that the guy who caught the winning TD in the dome for the Bucs?
If so, even worse.
For every one guy living the life, raking in the millions, whilst still partying, comitting assaults, hit and runs, and over all showing no appreciation for the gift he was give; there are a thousand other people who wished they had that person's talent, and would have used it wisely and stayed out of trouble.

If it had been my daughter, who is a fresman in college, I'd probably be facing homocide charges.

Husband (bucs fan) tried to post it over there and were told to remove it within 2 minutes or be banned. Yes they censor hardcore.

Remind me to reference this thread next time anybody's complaining about the mods around here. :9:

How does Neuheisel continue to get work after something like that? Stevens is just terrible but how can the coaching staff and UW administration live with themselves?

About talent vs. character... guys like Stevens are usually the exception.

The local PA is criminal no less than Stevens too

http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?p=894505#post894505

Talent isn't much without the character and discipline to parlay that into an NFL career.

most every player that makes it to the NFL has almost inherent traits in their character that places them above most of the general population. Traits like: discipline, selflessnes, workaholic, respect, dignity, honor.

A few amongst them become stars in spite of the fact that they might not possess those traits. They stick out though. The key is to tap the inner strength in all players and to build your team for the long run.

At this point we are in year number 2 of probably a 5 to 7 year building plan.

To think that we 'could' have more talented players but don't simply because we have been not considering talent as the supreme criteria is, to me, flawed logic.

Last edited:
Because they can go to sleep at night knowing that they aren't any different than 90% of the other big-time collegiate athletic programs.

c'mon man... rape;hit and run;assault;probation violations

that is a bit high.

I agree that College atheletics are now about as honorable as a two bit whore but this is over the top.

The entire system is definitely broken.

Much akin to society having to put up with unlawful actions going unpunished from CI's because they are good snitches.

In defense of Cecil, I don't think that he actually raped anyone and he is actually serving time. However, it's very possibly a glimpse of what Cecil would have been had he received as many "Get out of jail free" cards as Stevens.

i knew cecil and knew him very well. he would have gotten another chance at LSU had that girl not been the grand daughter of a HUGE booster...

offline i can give you the exact details as to how all that stuff went down, to include the stuff in miami. the situation was not as bad as the picture painted but cecil was/is a sociopath...

I read that article today after a link was sent to me. Amazing. It supported thoughts i had about michael vick when his house of cards finally came down. it appears superior athletes are given "second" chances over and over again as long as they perform on the field, and never learn any real sense of right or wrong in the process, and it culminates in an arrest like Vick's, or an article espousing a body of work as unnerving as this.

and, if Jerramy Stevens gets this many passes as a decent tight end prospect, imagine how many passes MIchael Vick did or could have gotten, with his talent.

finally, i wish someone would've hit HIM with a bat and stomped on his unconscious head long before he had a chance to play in the NFL (and catch a winning TD pass against us)

I read that article today after a link was sent to me. Amazing. It supported thoughts i had about michael vick when his house of cards finally came down. it appears superior athletes are given "second" chances over and over again as long as they perform on the field, and never learn any real sense of right or wrong in the process, and it culminates in an arrest like Vick's, or an article espousing a body of work as unnerving as this.

and, if Jerramy Stevens gets this many passes as a decent tight end prospect, imagine how many passes MIchael Vick did or could have gotten, with his talent.

finally, i wish someone would've hit HIM with a bat and stomped on his unconscious head long before he had a chance to play in the NFL (and catch a winning TD pass against us)

as far as we know no rich folks have died.

that's where Michael's ordeal began

but yeah where is the justice?

if a girl is at a frat party she's asking to be nailed right?

this gives me even more reason to hate on the Bucs

when game time rolls around I'll make as big of a stink in internet chat rooms and the like as I can about this no-good whatchamacallit.

Already forwarding the link to some editors and such that think college football is a total racket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom