N/S Jerry Jones Admits Feud w/ Jimmy Johnson was a mistake (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Says Jones, Jimmy Johnson was a great coach, I fudged up."

At least he doesn't have to take that (or glory holes) to the grave.

Its kinda sad it took him this long to say publicly, who knows what could have been.

I'm glad we didn't get to see the possibilities.

If they would’ve made up during his run, Jimmy would still be coaching when Payton first got the Saints job in 06.
Hatred of the Cowboys aside, hopefully this is a sign that Jerry will put Jimmy in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. He deserves it.

You're nearly 30 years too late, Jerry. Its really time to face reality that you're not going to win anymore SBs especially when you're in total control of nearly all of the positions within your organization. Yes, I will admit that you are decent when it comes to drafting players but putting together a roster that will take you deep into the postseason? Not very good on the count that your team is 4-10 & couldn't advanced past the divisional rounds.

I guess Jerry must be trying to make amends and knows something.

It comes to show you that a person's ego & power trip can destroyed their own legacy
One of the issues is that he got ripped for firing Tom Landry and hiring Jimmy Johnson in the first place, but once the team started winning it was just Jimmy getting the credit.

I am definitely in the minority but a Jerry fan. Not always but over the last 10 years or so. The line that got me was when he said he is always in sales mode. Once he stops the party stops. It was in a documentary I saw about him. Changed my opinion of him.

If they would’ve made up during his run, Jimmy would still be coaching when Payton first got the Saints job in 06.
Hatred of the Cowboys aside, hopefully this is a sign that Jerry will put Jimmy in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. He deserves it.
Not so sure about that. Eventually the salary cap was going bust up that team no matter what. No doubt he drafted well and struck gold on two big trades, Hershel Walker and Steve Walsh.

I thought he had said this ages ago

what I remember most about Jimmy’s firing was Michael Irvin throwing that trash can at reporters

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom