N/S Jerry Jones chat on ESPN.com (1 Viewer)

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Comedy gold

Nicolas Marin (Escazu, Costa Rica)

Jerry, how involved are you in gameday football decisions?

Jerry Jones (3:23 PM)

I am not in gameday playcalling. I am aware and informed as to what our strategy is going to be against our opponent, but I do not influence that strategy with any input. Where I am involved is anything to do with personnel. That might have to do with injury situation or protection situation. For instance if we had a LT that might be limited, I might be involved in decisions to keep a back in to protect the QB. That would be only from the standpoint of a personnel perspective. I am involved more in the preseason in terms of who we're going to involve so we can evaluate with our staff who will be on our roster. Throughout the year, we're continually evaluating players on our roster to the extent that I would have discussions about if someone would be active with our coach or coordinator. Things that are all defined that are traditionally for the duties of a GM.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/chat/_/id/28604/cowboys-jerry-jones

Can you imagine Tom Benson calling up Payton on Friday night to say, "Hey, make sure we keep a back or tight end over on Bushrod's side this week...."

Jones and Al Davis need to hire a GM. Obviously what they are doing isn't working.

That's a HUGE part of the problem in Dallas. I also think that's why you never see any great coaches go to Dallas for a coaching job.

Last edited:
Fail-Yoda.jpg

If that were Micky Loomis it would be no issue and it's the right role I think for a GM to have to be involved with player decisions so that he and the coach are on the same page.

I think the issue is that Jones probably extends himself much further than he admits and probably says stuff to Wade that he wants to see done.

I never realized until now how much Jerry Jones looks like Yoda

Attachments

• Fail-Yoda.jpg
    Fail-Yoda.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 2
  • jerry-jones_nc.jpg
    jerry-jones_nc.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 161
To be honest....

I wouldn't be surprised if Mickey Loomis did this with Sean Payton. I'm sure many GM's will make decisions like that along with the coach. I mean, he is the GM after all, so I think he's just doing his GM duties.

If that were Micky Loomis it would be no issue and it's the right role I think for a GM to have to be involved with player decisions so that he and the coach are on the same page.

I think the issue is that Jones probably extends himself much further than he admits and probably says stuff to Wade that he wants to see done.

It is not the role of a GM to tell the HC or OC what kind of protection they need and how to run it.

I would be surprised if there were many GMs in the league that involved themselves in these kinds of decisions. This is a protection issue, and should probably involve some offensive coaches and the HC, but not the management.

You think Mickey Loomis is giving Sean Payton tips on what type of protection schemes to run? Really? That's comical.

Al Davis Jr. Now if he can run the Cowgirls into the ground like Davis has done with the Raiders, I might just become a JJ fan.:hihi:

Can you imagine Tom Benson calling up Payton on Friday night to say, "Hey, make sure we keep a back or tight end over on Bushrod's side this week...."

I can imagine Sean Payton floating around the league that he can be hired away if Benson even tried.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom