N/S Jets DT Robertson fails physical, may be cut (1 Viewer)

Well, he was picked two picks higher but was played WAY more than sullivan. However, like sullivan did not do much at all.

So by my math,
Sullivan=ENORMOUS bust
Robertson=HUGE bust
enormous>huge
then
Robertson>Sullivan.

Lets sign him up.j/k

He has been a starter since he was a rookie. The Jets were very successful up front in the 4-3 scheme at times. This guy shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Sullivan except to say he was drafted slightly before him. He might be a bust it he sense he hasn't lived up to his draft potential, but he's still an NFL caliber starter.

He has been a starter since he was a rookie. The Jets were very successful up front in the 4-3 scheme at times. This guy shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Sullivan except to say he was drafted slightly before him. He might be a bust it he sense he hasn't lived up to his draft potential, but he's still an NFL caliber starter.

I agree with you, Robertson>>>Sullivan. I was just joking.

No offense to Robertson, I guess.:idunno:

Bone on bone is terrible. You've got no cartilidge anymore, meaning there's no ever getting better. Yesterday Robertson was healthier than today. Tomorrow he'll be less healthy than today. And so on and so on.

Just say no.

And for the record, Robertson is nowhere near the bust Sullivan was. Robertson never lived up to his draft status but he did contribute a fair amount to the Jets, even after switching to a 3-4. An average player (Robertson) is way better than a non-player (Sullivan).

I'm not disagreeing with you with regards to it being a bad condition, but medicine is improving and there is a procedure to help correct this. Only works in about 75% of cases (which is pretty frickin good for orthopaedics) but they remove cartilage from another portion of the body (usually the other knee) and put it in a culture where it multiplies, then reinsert it into the bad knee...sounds really hokey but apparently it works.

They say that eventually they'll be able to remove a few cartilage cells, insert it into a pseudo-viral organism and just inject it into the area where the cartilage is needed and the thing will heal itself...

Ain't medicine amazing?

that entire draft class of defensive linemen in the first round was a complete bust.

No kidding. And it was the draft billed as having a great crop of DTs. A lot of teams drafted like it was.

Warning: Stay clear of this player. Too expensive for what you are buying..

I'm not disagreeing with you with regards to it being a bad condition, but medicine is improving and there is a procedure to help correct this. Only works in about 75% of cases (which is pretty frickin good for orthopaedics) but they remove cartilage from another portion of the body (usually the other knee) and put it in a culture where it multiplies, then reinsert it into the bad knee...sounds really hokey but apparently it works.

They say that eventually they'll be able to remove a few cartilage cells, insert it into a pseudo-viral organism and just inject it into the area where the cartilage is needed and the thing will heal itself...

Ain't medicine amazing?

Or just slide in one of those things you get at Home Depot that slide your furniture on hardwood floors.....

Robertson was miscast in the 3-4. I think he can still be a very good 3 Tech DT. Despite this condition in his knee, he has been very durable in his career. He hasn't been the 2nd coming of Warren Sapp as some hyped hyped him to be, after running a 4.85 but he has still been a good player. If the price is right, and unless there's more to this knee business since the trade with the Bengals was rejected, I think he'd be worth signing. JMO.

Defensive
Tackles Interceptions
Year Team G Total Solo Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int TDs Yds Avg Lng
2007 New York Jets 16 57 36 21 4.0 -- 0 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2006 New York Jets 16 61 35 26 2.5 -- 0 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2005 New York Jets 13 43 27 16 3.5 -- 1 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2004 New York Jets 16 52 36 16 3.0 -- 0 -- -- -- 0.0 --

2003 New York Jets 16 43 34 9 1.5 -- 0 -- -- -- 0.0 --

TOTAL 77 256 168 88 14.5 0 1 0 0 0 -- 0

Edit:
On another note,

Busts
William Joseph
Michael Haynes
Sullivan
McDougle
Jimmy Kennedy
Tyler "The NutCracker" Brayton

Successes
Calvin Pace (as a 3-4 OLB)
Terrell Suggs
Kevin Williams
Ty Warren

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom