N/S Jets DT Robertson fails physical, may be cut (2 Viewers)

Man is this guy a bigger bust than Sullivan?

IIRC the Jets did trade ahead of the Saints specifically to insure they landed Robertson (Haslett made it no small secret he wanted Robertson). He stuck with Jets longer than Sullivan but he was a virtual non factor in their Defense. In fact they probably just kept him around because they gave up so much for him. But Robertson>Sullivan strictly because Sullivan's out of the NFL, Robertson's still around, and Robertson will sign somewhere else for at least TC......

Its sad that his knee is pretty bad...chalk it up as another high round pick who just didnt pan out....I woudnt sign him.

Last edited:
what are the jets looking for in the trade? hey, if the broncos deal falls through, why not go after him. I know hes asking for a lot of money, but he would be a great pickup in a position that needs a lot of attention

Well, he was picked two picks higher but was played WAY more than sullivan. However, like sullivan did not do much at all.

So by my math,
Sullivan=ENORMOUS bust
Robertson=HUGE bust
enormous>huge
then
Robertson>Sullivan.

Lets sign him up.j/k

Haha word is Haslett was interested in both of them. Man he really was a draft guru especially when it came to defense.

Not worth the time or the money. Just another big appetite to feed. Popeyes would be happy though,

what are the jets looking for in the trade? hey, if the broncos deal falls through, why not go after him. I know hes asking for a lot of money, but he would be a great pickup in a position that needs a lot of attention
<center>
frustrated4.gif
</center>

I've been hearing and reading that he has a "bone on bone" knee condition... I'm no doctor... but I'm pretty sure that's really bad. If he had a decent chance of ever being 100% again I'd consider him... but hearing "bone on bone" knee condition makes me think... "not with a 10 foot pole".

Kevin Williams has been to a few pro bowls in a row...I wouldn't say he was a bust. And if I were the Saints, I would stay far away from Robertson.

I've been hearing and reading that he has a "bone on bone" knee condition... I'm no doctor... but I'm pretty sure that's really bad. If he had a decent chance of ever being 100% again I'd consider him... but hearing "bone on bone" knee condition makes me think... "not with a 10 foot pole".

Bone on bone is terrible. You've got no cartilidge anymore, meaning there's no ever getting better. Yesterday Robertson was healthier than today. Tomorrow he'll be less healthy than today. And so on and so on.

Just say no.

And for the record, Robertson is nowhere near the bust Sullivan was. Robertson never lived up to his draft status but he did contribute a fair amount to the Jets, even after switching to a 3-4. An average player (Robertson) is way better than a non-player (Sullivan).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom