N/S Jets give Fireman Ed game ball from win over Pats (1 Viewer)

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-firemaned&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'm starting to like this Rex Ryan guy

The Jets’ most famous fan received a game ball from coach Rex Ryan during the team meeting Friday for helping lead a raucous Meadowlands crowd during New York’s 16-9 win over New England last Sunday.
<!-- article-left_skinny -->

<script type="text/javascript"> YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index = 1; YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_lazy_images = ["http:\/\/d.yimg.com\/a\/p\/ap\/20090925\/capt.8487e737f263419fbc1da28c1c1ef2bc.jets_fireman_ed_football_ny170.jpg?x=180&y=200&xc=83&yc=1&wc=246&hc=273&q=70&sig=.lEQ3ujyRXrezVR_Xsu.og--"]; YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window,'load',YAHOO.Sports.articleLazyLoadCarousel.init); </script>

&#8220;On behalf of the fans and representing the fans, we gave him a game ball,&#8221; Ryan said. &#8220;There&#8217;s two, actually, one in our trophy case and we gave him the other one. He does a great job.&#8221;

Ed Anzalone, a New York City firefighter, has been coming to every Jets home game for years, wearing a fire helmet and leading the &#8220;J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!&#8221; cheer.

Danneaux

Proud NRA Member
Reaction score
If we lost Payton/GW for any reason, Ryan would be my first choice. Its hard not to like his style.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
It's a good gesture, but I was a little perplexed by the post game coverage saying that noone had ever given a gameball to fans before (while they were gushing over the Jets).

Do they not remember 2006 when Payton did it?

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's a good gesture, but I was a little perplexed by the post game coverage saying that noone had ever given a gameball to fans before (while they were gushing over the Jets).

Do they not remember 2006 when Payton did it?

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention then. Who exactly did Payton give it to?

justdave

Hung out to dry
Reaction score
Ryan's attitude and demeanor is refreshing when compared to the stoic CIA like presence that many a HC takes on. He does need to get in touch with Dan Marino about getting a hook-up on some NutriSystems meals.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ryan's attitude and demeanor is refreshing when compared to the stoic CIA like presence that many a HC takes on. He does need to get in touch with Dan Marino about getting a hook-up on some NutriSystems meals.

Now that was funny. :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom