N/S Jets give Fireman Ed game ball from win over Pats (1 Viewer)

Saint Jeremy

SR is my life!
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-jets-firemaned&prov=ap&type=lgns

I'm starting to like this Rex Ryan guy

The Jets’ most famous fan received a game ball from coach Rex Ryan during the team meeting Friday for helping lead a raucous Meadowlands crowd during New York’s 16-9 win over New England last Sunday.
<!-- article-left_skinny -->

<script type="text/javascript"> YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_last_index = 1; YAHOO.Sports.article_carousel_lazy_images = ["http:\/\/d.yimg.com\/a\/p\/ap\/20090925\/capt.8487e737f263419fbc1da28c1c1ef2bc.jets_fireman_ed_football_ny170.jpg?x=180&y=200&xc=83&yc=1&wc=246&hc=273&q=70&sig=.lEQ3ujyRXrezVR_Xsu.og--"]; YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(window,'load',YAHOO.Sports.articleLazyLoadCarousel.init); </script>

&#8220;On behalf of the fans and representing the fans, we gave him a game ball,&#8221; Ryan said. &#8220;There&#8217;s two, actually, one in our trophy case and we gave him the other one. He does a great job.&#8221;

Ed Anzalone, a New York City firefighter, has been coming to every Jets home game for years, wearing a fire helmet and leading the &#8220;J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!&#8221; cheer.

It's a good gesture, but I was a little perplexed by the post game coverage saying that noone had ever given a gameball to fans before (while they were gushing over the Jets).

Do they not remember 2006 when Payton did it?

It's a good gesture, but I was a little perplexed by the post game coverage saying that noone had ever given a gameball to fans before (while they were gushing over the Jets).

Do they not remember 2006 when Payton did it?

I guess I wasn't paying enough attention then. Who exactly did Payton give it to?

Ryan's attitude and demeanor is refreshing when compared to the stoic CIA like presence that many a HC takes on. He does need to get in touch with Dan Marino about getting a hook-up on some NutriSystems meals.

Ryan's attitude and demeanor is refreshing when compared to the stoic CIA like presence that many a HC takes on. He does need to get in touch with Dan Marino about getting a hook-up on some NutriSystems meals.

Now that was funny. :smilielol:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom