N/S Jimmy Graham Tweet (1 Viewer)

Graham's last season as a Saint, wasn't that about the time that we made a ton of bad moves and went into a funk. We were a preseason favorite to go to the Super Bowl and instead started the 7-9 train of seasons. A horrible draft with only Cooks as the only redeeming quality (Jean-Baptiste, Fortt, Sunseri, Powell, Rooks). Payton's mind on his new girlfriend, Rob Ryan's dreadful sophomore season, Gallette's antics started to show. Then we follow up with another dreadful offseason - an injured Byrd, Peat (decent), Anthony, Kikaha, Grayson, P.J. Williams (keeper), Tull, Davison (good 5th rounder) Swann and Murphy. The wheels fell off pretty quickly and it took three seasons to recover. Ugh.

Yep was the first if the 7 and 9 years.

The cast went South so did Jimmy's numbers.

God forbid the man try to get as much money as he can in a job where your prime window is very small and your chances to make bank are extremely limited.

Anyone getting upset or holding vitriol towards the guy for trying to get WR money from the team is ridiculous. People that care about what players try and earn, and think they should go easy on the team and owners in anyway have fallen into the trap that the owners have set.

It's not the fact that he was trying to get as much money as he could get..................................it's the way he went about it.

He tried to strong arm the team by taking them to arbitration and then was butt hurt when Sean Payton didn't go to bat for him with his testimony.

He was never the same after that and was subsequently traded.................then he acted like an 8 year old girl when he was traded!!

Jimmy Graham can suck eggs!! He quickly found out that he wasn't the all world tight end that he believed himself to be!!

It sounds like retirement to me. I wish him well and he had a great career with the Saints. He was an average TE when he wasn’t with the Saints.
The trade hurts him more in my opinion. I wished that he stayed here and continued his high performance but he chooses to have a conflict with the Saints over money and that resulted in a trade.
Regardless i wish him well.

Pretty meh. If I wasn't told he was a pro bowl center, I would have never noticed the difference. He's not as good as Erik McCoy, pretty confident on that one.

I agree Erik McCoy played great as a rookie (looked like a pro bowl center and seasoned vet); however, Max Unger was playing hurt his last year. Can’t wait to see Erik McCoy continue to make our team and himself great! Who Dat!!!

He made a killing based on his production. He was fortunate enough to get the Seahawks and Packers to overpay him.

Towards the end of Graham’s time here, Drew became too reliant on him. Drew threw into double and even triple coverage (One Tampa Bay game but I can’t remember which year) hoping Graham would go up and make a play. But like a previous post stated, he shrank against physical teams. Mon night game in Seattle 2013 comes to mind. Early in the game wide open on a corner route but he alligator armed it with no one around.

Not exactly sure if he is stating that he is retiring or at the very least not returning to the packers (GB would be wise to cut him - they massively overpaid). Just figured it was noteworthy.

Dropping touchdown passes at the goalline to avoid hits soured the saints on Graham.He listened to the analysts saying he was the best ever and got a giant head.

i liked him, was sad when he left.. but dont think I want him back now. Not sure he has anything left and I think we finally have a stud TE because the others since have not been great.. although Josh Hill has always been a hard worker and soldier for us

Dropping touchdown passes at the goalline to avoid hits soured the saints on Graham.He listened to the analysts saying he was the best ever and got a giant head.

And let’s not forget him short arming catches the entire latter half of 2014 due to “shoulder injury”, yet somehow balling out in the ProBowl with that same bad shoulder.

People forget he played with (I think) a torn pec for I want to say 6 of the final games for the saints.

Actually I seem to recall some disagreement where the saints wanted h
i liked him, was sad when he left.. but dont think I want him back now. Not sure he has anything left and I think we finally have a stud TE because the others since have not been great.. although Josh Hill has always been a hard worker and soldier for us

I was a big fan of his when here, then he blew out his knee in Seattle and hasn't looked as fast prior to that injury.
People like to bash him for some reason, but I think he was injured I want to say...like 6 of the final games he was with the saints. I don't recall exactly, but a vague recollection of tearing his pec muscle, and playing through it, and the front office wanting him to have surgery but he thought he didn't need surgery.. or something to that effect.

I always wonder what a career he would have had if he stayed with the Saints. I think Seattle didn't utilize him to his max potential, maybe he would not have had that knee injury, maybe he would have had hof numbers if he stayed here. We'll never know

Towards the end of Graham’s time here, Drew became too reliant on him. Drew threw into double and even triple coverage (One Tampa Bay game but I can’t remember which year) hoping Graham would go up and make a play. But like a previous post stated, he shrank against physical teams. Mon night game in Seattle 2013 comes to mind. Early in the game wide open on a corner route but he alligator armed it with no one around.
I vividly remember that. It was very frustrating

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom