N/S Jimmy Graham Tweet (1 Viewer)

Do you think we can get him on a 1yr cheap deal? I'm not sure how he would feel being the 2nd TE to Cook.

Perhaps someone with better pure Xs and Os knowledge than myself can weigh in on this, but isn't Graham (assuming he's released by the Packers and could come in at a reasonable price) the exact type of player the Saints could use for at least one season, particularly if Brees came back for one final season?

If the entire deal is supposedly that "Brees can't throw it deep anymore" ..…wouldn't Jared Cook and Jimmy Graham in various 2 TE sets be worth exploring?

I can remember a time when Jimmy Graham said he never wanted to play with any quarterback other than Drew Brees and that he would retire before doing so. Well, this could be his chance to ride out in the sunset with Brees after all.

Not understanding all the hate but I always like Jimmy. Don't like him in another uniform though. I don't want him just because he is older and doesn't seem to benefit the offense that much. But when he was here he was a great player for us. Some people get caught up with players contract negotiations and take it too personally. Of course, I didn't like the way it was handle but that something between him and the front office. And in that environment, fans and people outside the organization will never know. When he was playing for us, he was a beloved player. And I want to keep that when I think of him.

If he were to take a cheap deal in search of a ring and be happy playing #2 or 3 TE, then for sure bring him back..

Load up for one final run, if it doesn't work then it doesn't work, no harm no foul really

If he wants to come back on a cheap deal for one more year, I'd be all for it. He wouldn't have to be "the guy" here. Cook is the #1 TE and Hill has shown himself to be what he is. A very limited backup. Graham could be a part time player in 3-5 wide sets as a receiving threat. He and Cook both on the field would help any QB we have next year.

Perhaps someone with better pure Xs and Os knowledge than myself can weigh in on this, but isn't Graham (assuming he's released by the Packers and could come in at a reasonable price) the exact type of player the Saints could use for at least one season, particularly if Brees came back for one final season?

If the entire deal is supposedly that "Brees can't throw it deep anymore" ..…wouldn't Jared Cook and Jimmy Graham in various 2 TE sets be worth exploring?

I can remember a time when Jimmy Graham said he never wanted to play with any quarterback other than Drew Brees and that he would retire before doing so. Well, this could be his chance to ride out in the sunset with Brees after all.
The only time I remember us having two quality TEs was in 2013 & 2014, we had Graham and Watson. We all know the Jimmy isn't good at run blocking, so i'm just trying to imagine the exact fit. Also, isn't Josh Hill a free agent?

He has been a shell of himself ever since he left.

Some goes to scheme but he has been horrible for the Packers.

In really the saints should just go young. I don't see anything in the tank.

Really for what he brings lately in the passing game they might find a guy that could develop into a blocker also.

And spend the money on a Peat replacement.

I get the business so I won't drag him for wanting to get paid. However, his exit from New Orleans was all because of him. He thought he had leverage and put the team in a position to either bend or lose him. I think we traded him to the Seahawks just to show him how much we didn't need him. His numbers prove that his career was better off here. his attitude towards the Saints after he left proved that he was not good for us. either way, I don't feel a thing for him. Hell New Orleans gave him so much, even a Pilots license. I think we did all we could.

God forbid the man try to get as much money as he can in a job where your prime window is very small and your chances to make bank are extremely limited.

Anyone getting upset or holding vitriol towards the guy for trying to get WR money from the team is ridiculous. People that care about what players try and earn, and think they should go easy on the team and owners in anyway have fallen into the trap that the owners have set.

God forbid the man try to get as much money as he can in a job where your prime window is very small and your chances to make bank are extremely limited.

Anyone getting upset or holding vitriol towards the guy for trying to get WR money from the team is ridiculous. People that care about what players try and earn, and think they should go easy on the team and owners in anyway have fallen into the trap that the owners have set.

This argument has some legs only because he did not block like even a bad TE.

Wanting to be paid like the best in the league at TE was never a question he would have been even with the blocking skills he had.

When he wanted to get paid WR money when his blocking even lacked at that level he did not and should not be paid in that range point blank.

That is like a guy washing dishes wants to get paid chef's money.

He had his chance to come back and win a title (and we would have had we had a legit threat at TE instead of Dan Arnold). He chose Greenbay. We all have to live with the decisions we make. He chose wrong and will have to live with it.

This argument has some legs only because he did not block like even a bad TE.

Wanting to be paid like the best in the league at TE was never a question he would have been even with the blocking skills he had.

When he wanted to get paid WR money when his blocking even lacked at that level he did not and should not be paid in that range point blank.

That is like a guy washing dishes wants to get paid chef's money.

Well then we shouldn't have paid him at all, but we still did. You know why? Because there were plenty of teams in the league that would have paid him the same based on his production at the time. Hell, a team traded their best lineman and a first round pick for him.

He was one of the premiere weapons in the league at the time. If you don't think he was worth it, then you're basically saying Loomis was willing to pay Jimmy Graham way more than the market value, which we both know isn't true. The amount of revisionist history on SR regarding Jimmy Graham is mind boggling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom