Speculation N/S: Jimmy Graham will likely get cut by GB? Any interest? (1 Viewer)

He's still a big target and has only ever really succeeded in a Payton/Brees offense.
When with NO he was being targeted between 125 and 150 times per season... so he put up a lot of yards. A lot of chances = a lot of yards.

With Seattle, he was targeted more like between 75 and 100 times per season... yet he scored 10 TDs with them one year.

The patellar injury slowed him down... and aging of late hasn;'t helped either.

Is it time to bring Jimmy back home?

No

To be fair he didn't play solely out of the TE position while he was here (sore subject... I know!). If we did bring him back I think he would make for a great slot receiver!!

The game changes in the playoffs. Coverage gets tighter and more physical. The pass rush gets more intense. The refs allow more contact. Some offenses have the chutzpah and the toughness to handle it. Some don't.

Like Mike Tyson said, everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Three years in a row, we've gotten punched in the mouth by tougher and more physical defenses and gotten punked out, without responding with toughness of our own. Maybe two, if you consider 2017 flukey. That there is fact that's not even up for debate.

Graham is the perfect fit for an offense that loves to punch less physical teams in the mouth but folds when they get punched in the mouth. We need apex predators, not predators that are right below the apex predator.

Well... 3 years ago we got punched in the mouth by a long bomb to Diggs with time running out.
2 years ago we got punched in the mouth by a group of refs.
This past year we got punched in the mouth by a long bomb to Thielen who was being covered by a back-up CB in OT.

Well... 3 years ago we got punched in the mouth by a long bomb to Diggs with time running out.
2 years ago we got punched in the mouth by a group of refs.
This past year we got punched in the mouth by a long bomb to Thielen who was being covered by a back-up CB in OT.

Yeah I said three years ago was borderline. The Rams beat us up physically despite the fact that we should have won that game. They flustered Brees in overtime leading to the game sealing pick. They held our offense in check all game long and dominated our offensive line, etc.

The Vikings this year came into our house and laid their junk across the team's collective faces. There's no disputing that.

I was always a big fan of his.. but ever since he blew out his knee, and I guess just age, he has been pretty slow compared to his early years when he was in the league.

I remember we all laughed at him for saying would retire when Brees is done. Now he actually has a chance to end his career in Brees's last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom