Speculation N/S: Jimmy Graham will likely get cut by GB? Any interest? (1 Viewer)

Really? I don’t get that reasoning. We need pass catchers not named MT and Cook desperately. Remember what Aaron and Gronk were doing as a TE one two punch a few years back.

I have no problem with the team drafting another TE or signing a young vet FA TE but not Graham. He’s a mere shadow of what he once was. The Saints also have much bigger needs for the salary he’ll still command. Now if Graham is willing to accept vet minimum and a backup role then he’d be worth a tryout.

JG would light it up again if back with Drew. Take that to the bank.

Oddly enough, I think so too. Jimmy is Mother-Of-The-Church slow running routes now, but I just feel like he’s never felt truly at home since leaving NOLA. He did say he wants to retire when Drew retires. At the time, we all just assumed that he and Drew would have HOF careers together. Though their legacies have diverged, their careers’ swan songs could literally be played together. It’s the longest of shots and highly unlikely, but it just may have a storybook ending.

Curious why nobody wants him back for one more final run with Drew? Was it his attitude? Injury prone? Too old now?

Injury prone. The likely fact of the matter is that if he came in and started getting 4-5 catches and 50-60 yards a game with a TD here and there that only maybe 5 people on this entire forum would dig their heels in and still be all "fork JG." The rest would be thrilled to have a solid 1-2 punch at TE for possibly the first time in franchise history (maybe I'm wrong about that but the closest I can remember is Hoby Brenner and John Tice in the mid-to-late 80s.)

It's just very unlikely that it would happen since his skeleton makes a Fabergé egg look as tough as an F350. He'd be in his 10th season which isn't ancient for a TE but the injuries artificially age him in people's eyes so they'll see him as old when they really mean he's just a perpetually banged-up dude you can only realistically count on for 10-12 games aseason.

Oddly enough, I think so too. Jimmy is Mother-Of-The-Church slow running routes now, but I just feel like he’s never felt truly at home since leaving NOLA. He did say he wants to retire when Drew retires. At the time, we all just assumed that he and Drew would have HOF careers together. Though their legacies have diverged, their careers’ swan songs could literally be played together. It’s the longest of shots and highly unlikely, but it just may have a storybook ending.

Well stated.

I have no problem with the team drafting another TE or signing a young vet FA TE but not Graham. He’s a mere shadow of what he once was. The Saints also have much bigger needs for the salary he’ll still command. Now if Graham is willing to accept vet minimum and a backup role then he’d be worth a tryout.

Oh I’d not want him if he’s way above vet minimum or an incentive laden deal.

Is it time to bring Jimmy back home?

1582250016563.gif

The last thing our soft "beat up on lesser teams in the regular season then get bullied every year in the playoffs" offense needs is one of the bigger paper tiger players in recent league history.

Hard pass.

Jimmy Graham "nasty" is the kid in school who picks fights then hides behind his friends who are "holding him back" while he pretends he's trying to fight. Jimmy Graham learned his "toughness" from the same place Kenny Vaccaro did.

We need real nasty on this team, not fake chump Jimmy Graham wannabe nasty until you meet an actual real bully nasty.

Medium-hard pass. He had his chance two years ago and he chose the money over a pretty good chance at a ring with the team that made him who he WAS.

He’s the John Jefferson of his generation of pass catchers. Similarity being he got dealt away and then faded away.

I’d take em for 3 mil-4 million that a be a deadly lineup Cook Graham Thomas Kamara let’s not talk about if we do get a good FA receiver but I’d pass on Jimmy in all seriousness I wanted him last year and he passed so unless he’s taking a discount no thanks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom