N/S Jimmy Johnson Going Into The HOF (1 Viewer)

I don't think Jimmy Johnson nor Bill Cowher should be in the Hall of Fame, as least not now. They are solid coaches and bought their respective franchise to respectability. But Jimmy didn't do much after he left the Cowboys. He had all the talent in the world. But he couldn't coach Miami. Cowher was lucky to win one before he retire. But before that I thought he was solid but not great. Had some good season along with some bad ones.
I think both deserve it. Jimmy is probably the or one of the definitive coaches of the 90s. His winning percentage is brought down by the 89 1-15 year, but after that he brought the Cowboys to 2 SBs. Heck, if Jerry would just shut up, he’d still prolly be the Cowboys coach.
Cowher is also a coach you have to mention when you talk about the 90s. In addition to his Super Bowl, he’s had 7 AFCN titles, 10 playoff appearances with 12 playoff wins, along with a winning percentage over .600.

I think both deserve it. Jimmy is probably the or one of the definitive coaches of the 90s. His winning percentage is brought down by the 89 1-15 year, but after that he brought the Cowboys to 2 SBs. Heck, if Jerry would just shut up, he’d still prolly be the Cowboys coach.
Cowher is also a coach you have to mention when you talk about the 90s. In addition to his Super Bowl, he’s had 7 AFCN titles, 10 playoff appearances with 12 playoff wins, along with a winning percentage over .600.
You probably right and your stats backed it up. But I never thought of them as Hall Of Fame coaches in comparison to Walsh, Belichick , or Noll.

You probably right and your stats backed it up. But I never thought of them as Hall Of Fame coaches in comparison to Walsh, Belichick , or Noll.
That’s in a special class. Cowher and JJ are really the definite coaches for the AFC and NFC in the 90s.
In my opinion if a coach has a Super Bowl with a .600 winning percentage or higher, they’re in. 2 Super Bowls? In.

That’s in a special class. Cowher and JJ are really the definite coaches for the AFC and NFC in the 90s.
In my opinion if a coach has a Super Bowl with a .600 winning percentage or higher, they’re in. 2 Super Bowls? In.
So Tom Flores would be your third then?

3 of these guys get in for the special Centenial Class
1​
Don Coryell
2​
Bill Cowher
3​
Tom Flores
4​
Mike Holmgren
5​
Jimmy Johnson
6​
Buddy Parker
7​
Dan Reeves
8​
Dick Vermeil

My Original guesses at the Centennial 15 included Don Coryell and Tom Flores

My Top 15
1​
Don Coryell Jimmy Johnson
2​
Tom Flores
3​
Bill Cowher
4​
Steve Sabol
5​
Bucko Kilroy
6​
Mac Speedie
7​
Ed Sprinkle
8​
Al Wistert
9​
Cecil Isbell
10​
Alex Karras
11​
LaVern Dilweg
12​
Ox Emerson
13​
Roger Craig
14​
Randy Gradishar
15​
Cliff Harris

I'll have to look for it later, but they got JJ and Bill Cowher on live TV with the announcement. They surprised them live. So great. (EDIT.. found time quicker than I thought).

Found Cowher's..

I think this is what they got on TV with Jimmy

I'll have to look for it later, but they got JJ and Bill Cowher on live TV with the announcement. They surprised them live. So great. (EDIT.. found time quicker than I thought).

Found Cowher's..

I think this is what they got on TV with Jimmy

JJ cried so much and for so long, then Troy Aikman cried, it made me cry ?

it is wild that cowher gets in with that fast consider how long JJ had to wait.... i was thinking JJ was already in.

It was a legit "feel good" moment. No matter what you think of Jimmy, Aikman, etc....it was a very real, raw and moving moment.

it is wild that cowher gets in with that fast consider how long JJ had to wait.... i was thinking JJ was already in.
I dont think either gets in without the centennial class rules reserving 3 spots for coaches. Its getting real hard for the older coaches to compete with players for the 5 non-senior candidate slots . Glad to see them getting in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom