N/S JJ Watt still reigns as one of the NFL's top good guys, IMO (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
An elementary schools in our local school district here in NW Houston had a visit from JJ the other day. One of the teachers celebrated the 99th day of school by having her kids wear a 99 Watt jersey if they had one. One boy had his mom help him tape a paper "99" to his shirt. He ended up in one of the pictures his teacher took, she posted it and tagged JJ, and that very same day JJ tweeted back that he wanted to send this kid a real jersey. But instead of sending it, he showed up with jerseys in hand to personally deliver them to this student. No fanfare; just JJ being JJ. This is a school near us that was badly damaged due to Harvey, so it was nice to see this happen to a great group of teachers, administrators, and kids. Thank goodness for players like JJ Watt, Drew Brees, Benjamin Watson, Alvin Kamera, Thomas Morstead, and more, who go so far above and beyond for their communities and their fans, and who show the kids what a true role model should be like. No, this isn't Saints news, but it is news that deserves the attention more than so much other garbage that's out there, IMO.

Watt went to Moore to surprise Brock Givens, a fourth-grade student in Ross’ class who didn’t have a No. 99 shirt or jersey – at least not until Feb. 13. Showing up by himself and unannounced to everyone except Ross, Watt hand-delivered two jerseys.
https://www.cfisd.net/en/news-media/district/texans-star-jj-watt-visits-moore-es-bring-student-football-jerseys/?

I love it! Thanks for sharing, primadox ?
JJ Watt is such a great guy. Well done, young man, very well done, indeed!

Wonderful story! I read about this on the national news, on my phone.

And kudos to the mom for helping her little guy with that creative shirt! That was awesome.

Wish we would hear more stories like this about NFL players.

tumblr_mhdo20ZAYm1qk1r9ao1_500.gif

Yea Watt is awesome. Anyone remember when he had that injury and missed either all or most of a year? Well he was voted into the top 100 the next year and he tweeted out how that made no sense considering he didn't play the year before.

JJ is my favorite non Saints player in the NFL. He really seems like a good guy and he is a beast on the field.

Props to JJ, very nice gesture. But, the best part of the story is mom and child taping a number to a shirt. I can relate.

The thing is that Watt doesn't do anything he does for the fanfare or recognition.

Things like this you just can't make up!! He's a genuinely good guy!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom