N/S Joe Flacco Traded To Broncos (1 Viewer)

At this point, I view it as a pathetic sideways move. Elway should move on.

He's just a fairly good car salesman. Nothing more, nothing less.

That’s a good move for Flacco. For the life of me I can’t understand why Ravens are so anxious to give Lamar Jackson the keys to there offense so soon.

That’s a good move for Flacco. For the life of me I can’t understand why Ravens are so anxious to give Lamar Jackson the keys to there offense so soon.
Especially since he showed little improvement by the end of the year from starting as a "one read and run QB." That's exactly what he was in the playoffs too.

Especially since he showed little improvement by the end of the year from starting as a "one read and run QB." That's exactly what he was in the playoffs too.
Logical move for the Ravens once they committed to Jackson. Whether he turns into a long term NFL starter doesn't matter now that they definitely moved on from Flacco.

Logical for Denver too, inasmuch as there aren't a lot of ready made QB options out there and Keenum clearly wasn't good enough. His form regressed back to the mean of his career as a backup level player. Not having Minnesota's WR1 &WR2 to bail you out will do that to you.

Overall, sensible for both clubs, while appearing unspectacular to the rest of us.

My thoughts as well. So if (and likely when) Flacco proves to be the mediocre, inconsistent QB with his best days behind him - the guy we saw in Baltimore recently - will Elway be able to keep his job? Who knows, he's beloved there but the list of failures is growing.

It's the latest in a series of questionable moves at the QB position post-Manning that have universally failed, and this one probably will too. I wouldn't have signed Keenum last year, but I also wouldn't have moved on from him this quickly for the likes of Joe Flacco.

This move is getting some heat already in the media from the Broncos' perspective and rightfully so, to the point that I wonder if Elway ends up backing out of the agreement before it becomes official. It's at least plausible that the organization wanted to see which direction the wind blows after this deal became public. Denver appears to be a rudderless ship right now from the top-down, and don't even get me started about Vic Fangio as a head coach in today's league. LOL.

It's the latest in a series of questionable moves at the QB position post-Manning that have universally failed, and this one probably will too. I wouldn't have signed Keenum last year, but I also wouldn't have moved on from him this quickly for the likes of Joe Flacco.

This move is getting some heat already in the media from the Broncos' perspective and rightfully so, to the point that I wonder if Elway ends up backing out of the agreement before it becomes official. It's at least plausible that the organization wanted to see which direction the wind blows after this deal became public. Denver appears to be a rudderless ship right now from the top-down, and don't even get me started about Vic Fangio as a head coach in today's league. LOL.
It seems like a lifetime ago, but they also traded into the 1st round just 3 years ago to draft the total bust Paxton Lynch.

Logical move for the Ravens once they committed to Jackson. Whether he turns into a long term NFL starter doesn't matter now that they definitely moved on from Flacco.

Logical for Denver too, inasmuch as there aren't a lot of ready made QB options out there and Keenum clearly wasn't good enough. His form regressed back to the mean of his career as a backup level player. Not having Minnesota's WR1 &WR2 to bail you out will do that to you.

Overall, sensible for both clubs, while appearing unspectacular to the rest of us.

If you're going to move on after one season from a guy like Keenum, who had little to work with last year (two best linemen played 15 total games, Thomas traded away, Sanders with season-ending injury) then why not pursue a younger guy with actual upside like Teddy Bridgewater....who doesn't cost you a mid-round pick? This is simply a matter of the comfort of familiarity bypassing common sense, and it's going to come back to bite them.

Elway is getting flamed for not being able to find a QB post-Manning but in all fairness to Elway, finding a good QB isn't that easy. Just look at the Bills. Jim Kelly retired over two decades ago and they still haven't found their guy. Same with the Dolphins. A lot of teams are perpetually looking for a QB.

How many teams can say they are 100% rock solid at the position? Maybe 14? Half of the league tops? Lol I can remember a time when Saints fans would've killed to have a QB like Joe Flacco. It's easy to make fun of other teams for trying to find a QB when your team currently has a first ballot Hall of Famer under Center.

Elway is getting flamed for not being able to find a QB post-Manning but in all fairness to Elway, finding a good QB isn't that easy. Just look at the Bills. Jim Kelly retired over two decades ago and they still haven't found their guy. Same with the Dolphins. A lot of teams are perpetually looking for a QB.

How many teams can say they are 100% rock solid at the position? Maybe 14? Half of the league tops? Lol I can remember a time when Saints fans would've killed to have a QB like Joe Flacco. It's easy to make fun of other teams for trying to find a QB when your team currently has a first ballot Hall of Famer under Center.

Great point, but at some juncture the results have to be there, or you are gone. Beyond that, some of these moves, and especially trading for Flacco on the downside of his career, have been highly questionable. There just doesn't seem to be a plan in place.

My thoughts exactly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom