N/S Joe Flacco Traded To Broncos (1 Viewer)

The Ravens has a great defense, no doubt.
Jacoby Jones certainly had a great game, but the voters who watched the game still voted Flacco the MVP.

So in fairness we shouldn’t act like Flacco wasn’t a big part of that SB winning team. He didn’t Dilfer his way to a SB.

He threw 11 TD and 0 Int in the playoffs.
I'll agree with you that Flacco is not Dilfer.

The Ravens won a Super Bowl with Flacco, not because of Flacco, but also not in spite of Flacco.

Flacco is

10-5 in the post season

Super Bowl MVP

Has 7 road playoff victories. Amongst the best in recent NFL history.

I understand that he might not be in the Brady Manning Brees conversation but to say he is a system qb that has simply ridden the coat tails of a great defense is down right foolish.

BigEasy, if you examine the trajectory of Flacco's and the Ravens success since winning SB 47, its been very limited. They had one really good season in 2014 where they blew a huge halftime lead to Patriots in Div. Round and lost, and they had 3-4 mediocre seasons where they could've clinched a postseason spot in 1-2 of those seasons if they'd won 1 game or like in 2017, beaten Cincy on a 4th and 13 play at home, instead Andy Dalton throws a TD to beat Ravens in the last minute to eliminate them from the playoffs and put a lowly Bills team into the postseason instead. Flacco may have lost Ray Rice to due lifetime NFL conduct players ban but he had Alex Collins, still productive Steve Smith at WR to help balance things out. Baltimore's defense, despite popular myth, is still a very solid, dogged bunch but since Ray Lewis retired, something's been missing, that lingering, integral spark of on and off the field leadership Lewis provided and was unchallenged for for 17 seasons. Lamar Jackson brings some enthusiasm, new ideas, more exciting brand of opportunities for Ravens and if he matures and grows into more of a pocket passer, he might've added 10 more years to John Harbaugh's coaching career. Because if Ravens had finished with another 8-8, 9-7 season with no playoffs, Harbaugh would've been gone Monday after Week 17 of regular season ended.

Lamar Jackson was a disaster in the post season. Flacco was a missed extra point away from continuing his undefeated streak against Sean Payton and Drew Brees.

Prior to last year The Saints had several mediocre seasons.

The man can still play. Respect is due. JMHO

Some sell Flacco a bit short. He’s been in an offense that for most of the time has mostly been to compliment a defense, not go out and actively try to win a game. To be that kind of QB you need to take risks and Flacco has obviously been within a system that is to take what a defense gives. It’s not a bad way to go, and if you have a good defense you win a lot of games. I think we will be impressed at the improvement in Denver and I think the Ravens are going to miss him more than they realize.

It looks like the Broncos deal for Flacco came together as quickly as it did because Washington was also in the market for him.
It appears the Denver Broncos had some competition last week when they decided to pull off a trade for Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco.

The February 13 trade between Baltimore and Denver basically came out of nowhere and there's a reason for that: According to 104.3 the Fan in Denver, the deal came "together quickly" because the Broncos didn't want to lose out on Flacco to another team, and apparently, there was at least one other team interested in making a deal for the veteran quarterback. According to both Sports Illustrated and the Fan, the other team trying to trade for Flacco was the Washington Redskins.

Considering the Redskins quarterback situation, it's actually somewhat surprising they didn't try to outbid the Broncos, who landed Flacco by sending a reported fourth-round pick to Baltimore. The Redskins currently have one of the most precarious quarterback situations in the league right now and that's because the team currently has no idea if Alex Smith is going to be able to play in 2019.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...rest-from-one-other-team-besides-the-broncos/

It's the latest in a series of questionable moves at the QB position post-Manning that have universally failed, and this one probably will too. I wouldn't have signed Keenum last year, but I also wouldn't have moved on from him this quickly for the likes of Joe Flacco.

This move is getting some heat already in the media from the Broncos' perspective and rightfully so, to the point that I wonder if Elway ends up backing out of the agreement before it becomes official. It's at least plausible that the organization wanted to see which direction the wind blows after this deal became public. Denver appears to be a rudderless ship right now from the top-down, and don't even get me started about Vic Fangio as a head coach in today's league. LOL.
Watched the Saints-Cards game on TV tonight after being there for it in person. After our game ended, they showed the end of the Broncos-Colts game. What a debacle this season has been for Denver. Vic Fangio and Joe Flacco were terrible decisions as expected. The way that game ended, with Flacco getting sacked and the offense not even bothering to try running another play before the gun just made me grateful for our organization and our team. Enjoy it while it lasts, y'all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom