N/S Joey Bosa Signed By Chargers (1 Viewer)

crosswatt

Gone Fishing.
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And, if history is any indication, he will subsequently miss the season with a knee injury.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What a cluster....by the Chargers with Bosa. There are teams that just do not get it and routinely alienate players for no good reason. Here you have a very high draft choice, some say the best player in the draft, and you have essentially wasted a year by nitpicking a pretty much standard contract for a first round draft choice. I just can't figure out their reasoning and more importantly their shortsightedness in not realizing his rookie year will be impacted, thus impacting this team!

demented

All-Pro
Reaction score
I, for one, believe San Deigo way overpaid for what they are going to receive from Bosa.
Seriously? Even a mediocre starter at DE is worth 6-7 million a year. The beauty of the rookienwage scale is that even if they're just average players, the team still generates a good return money wise.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I for one believe they should be paid a fixed rate based on draft position selection. No haggling, no BS, just play. Make it a two year deal, then we can talk.

Hopeless

All-Pro
Reaction score
I for one believe they should be paid a fixed rate based on draft position selection. No haggling, no BS, just play. Make it a two year deal, then we can talk.
It's pretty close. Offset language and bonus payout timeframes are really the only thing to "haggle", and you notice you almost never get those hangups with other players/organizations.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)