N/S Josh Gordon stepping away from football. (1 Viewer)

Even more proof why teams shouldnt waste picks (supplemental or otherwise) on players with substance abuse flags. Outside of the select few who beat their demons, the gross majority of these guys eventually fall to their demons. Gordon lasted only two seasons, before his true nature took control. Gordon couldve been one of the greats, now he's just another statistic.

Awwww, poor baby, it must be so stressful to be a pot smoking millionaire, that got 2 years off football to get your act together and still hasn't. I would kill to have this guys skills and be a dominant player in the greatest sport in the US, and he is sitting there wasting his GOD given talent, sorry, I don't feel sorry for you.

You don't know what he's going through. Never judge another until you have walked a mile in their shoes.

Contrary to the widespread Hollywood model (wealth, glory and beauty), the definition of "success" possesses as many nuances as there are human beings. I hope this guy will find his own tone.

Probably this.

Like Ricky Williams retiring to avoid his..

To be fair, Ricky did manage to pull it together enough to have a 10,000 yard career.

The way this guy has repeatedly failed tests speaks to a mental issue, addiction or otherwise. Hopefully he gets it together.

You don't know what he's going through. Never judge another until you have walked a mile in their shoes.
I understand the sentiment, but for me personally, my criticism (for lack of a better word) comes from how even got to this point in the first place.

It's hard to empathize with somebody in his circumstances, because it doesn't make sense at ALL to me. He has the whole world in front of him, LOTS of $$$ in his future, and he can't put down the joint for just 5 years of his life? After the second suspension, how does one not already seek professional help?

I don't persecute the guy for getting help, far from it. I wish him the best in life, and truly like seeing people better their lives (I wish Jonny Manziel would take a look at what Gordon's doing). It's just hard for me to see it from his view, and hard to understand how it ever got to this point.

* As previously mentioned, at least Ricky was able to put the weed down, focus his effort on football, repay the Dolphins for the contract, AND make a nice amount of $$ on top of all that. THEN he went on to go do Weed Gyms, and Weed Yoga studios and such. He found his "calling" and stayed focus when he needed to

I wonder though if the weed is all it is. Remember, the league has no means to publicly say what tests he failed, and can't, all of the reports come out of Gordon's camp. Oh it's weed, big deal. Yeah but is it? That's an awful hard core weed addiction. To me it seems fishy that weed is all it is.

In any case, I wish him the best, and hopefully can put his life together and have a long productive and happy life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard somewhere that this latest rehab is about alcohol. The biggest issue I have if it is true is that he waited until the week before his reinstatement to enter rehab. He should have done that months ago!

I have heard somewhere that this latest rehab is about alcohol. The biggest issue I have if it is true is that he waited until the week before his reinstatement to enter rehab. He should have done that months ago!

You don't know what his state of mind was months ago, weeks ago, or even days ago (none of us do, one way or another, myself included).

Maybe he was in a good place months ago and relapsed. Maybe he finally came to terms with a problem. Maybe he did it to avoid NFL issues. We don't know, so to judge and assume otherwise is pointless no matter what side you come down on.

There are far bigger issues with Gordon than just a marijuana addiction if there even is such a thing. I'm not saying that some people can't become addicted to weed but the number that actually does become addicted is very very small.

It could be that the big stage and bright lights of the NFL are too much for him and he needs the crutch that alcohol and weed provides. Maybe he needs to purge his circle of friends. We've seen it a thousand times.

Maybe he's just dumb as a post.................... I mean who knows?

Whatever the issue is I hope he gets the help he needs before he becomes another failed and sad headline.

No matter what I'm pulling for the kid to get through this.....:9:

There are far bigger issues with Gordon than just a marijuana addiction if there even is such a thing. I'm not saying that some people can't become addicted to weed but the number that actually does become addicted is very very small.

It could be that the big stage and bright lights of the NFL are too much for him and he needs the crutch that alcohol and weed provides. Maybe he needs to purge his circle of friends. We've seen it a thousand times.

Maybe he's just dumb as a post.................... I mean who knows?

Whatever the issue is I hope he gets the help he needs before he becomes another failed and sad headline.

No matter what I'm pulling for the kid to get through this.....:9:

His issues date back to before he entered the NFL. He was an underclassman that got kicked out of Baylor for his continual drug use. He then applied for the supplemental draft and was accepted if he agreed to enter the league already in stage 1 of the Substance abuse policy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom