N/S Josh Gordon stepping away from football. (1 Viewer)

Good for him! Get himself cleaned up and come play for the black and gold!!

Everyone is fighting their own battles. You have no idea what that guy is going through and you sit here and blast him. And why? So you can watch him play football for your own entertainment? Or so you can win your fantasy football league? Not everyone is on earth to entertain you.

For the record, I have never participated in FFL, I don't like the browns, and I've on seen him play a couple of times. But I do know he was given MULTIPLE chances to get his act together and he went back to smoking weed, that is something you choose to do. I have never smoked weed in my life and i wake up every morning and I choose not to do it and definitely if I was a football player making millions I think I could wait until i was retired to get blazed everyday in a weed legal state and nobody would care. SIMPLE, its not Rocket Science just stop. But Kudos for him for getting help.

Even while under suspension he is subject to drug testing. Since he is in stage 3 of the Substance Abuse Policy he can be tested up to 10 times per month for the rest of his NFL career. He would have to file retirement papers with the league to get out of testing.

Why would the NFL waste time testing him when he's already in a rehab? The results are obvious.

I don't know much about what's going on with Josh Gordon, but for some of those who remain confused: smoking marijuana does NOT equal "unclean." If he smokes some bud and gets suspended for it then that means there's a problem with the NFL, not that there's a problem with him.

Cause weed ISN'T mind altering. OK

Caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol are mind altering and all those happen to be demonstrably MORE dangerous than weed. Sugar is mind altering for goodness sake. Sheesh. And people want to demonize marijuana, a substance that has been PROVEN to be therapeutic. Only a matter of time before people come around.

I don't know much about what's going on with Josh Gordon, but for some of those who remain confused: smoking marijuana does NOT equal "unclean." If he smokes some bud and gets suspended for it then that means there's a problem with the NFL, not that there's a problem with him.

Dumbest post ever. IF the NFL has a rule against it there is nothing more to say. I now return you to being a pothead. Not everyone has to smoke that crap to enjoy life.

I don't get it. You are suspended for over a year and a half and you wait till a week and a half to make a decision go to rehab. Going back to work must be it.

Dumbest post ever. IF the NFL has a rule against it there is nothing more to say. I now return you to being a pothead. Not everyone has to smoke that crap to enjoy life.

If the NFL has a rule against it there is nothing more to say? lol, ok. I suppose you've never done any mind altering things dan?

The NFL can make dumb rules and people who realize that they've made dumb rules can call the rules dumb. There's lots and lots to say about it all.

That's not really how rehab works. I'm in the camp of "if it works for you...", but it sounds like whatever Gordon is doing isn't currently working for him. Good for him in recognizing that and having the stones to admit it and go get help.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk

If the NFL has a rule against it there is nothing more to say? lol, ok. I suppose you've never done any mind altering things dan?

The NFL can make dumb rules and people who realize that they've made dumb rules can call the rules dumb. There's lots and lots to say about it all.

Regardless of how I feel about marijuana, the NFL is a private entity and can enforce whatever rules they wish, so long as those rules are within the law. It's like walking into someone's home. Regardless of what rights we are entitled to in free society, when you walk into someone's house they have a right to kick you out if you do something or act in a way that they don't see fit. That's what he meant by "there's nothing more to say."

Caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol are mind altering and all those happen to be demonstrably MORE dangerous than weed. Sugar is mind altering for goodness sake. Sheesh. And people want to demonize marijuana, a substance that has been PROVEN to be therapeutic. Only a matter of time before people come around.

Perhaps but if you get a DUI you are risking punishment. If you take a caffeine pill you are risking suspension, and I cant imagine nicotine is any more helpful to an athlete than pounding down a bucket full of cheese burgers.

The point is that if you know it is against the rules both the NFL rules and many state laws then you probably should abstain until the rules change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom