N/S KC Tackle Eric Winston released (1 Viewer)

Compare him to Strief then. Certainly could be an upgrade if he came at the right price.

You're comparing the pressure allowed by a LT to that of a RT? That's apples to oranges and you know it. The left tackle is going to face more QB pressure than a RT. The fact that Bushrods stats are on par with Winston's while defending more pressure is a plus for Bushrod not a negative.

How do Zach Strief's stats compare to Winston's? That would be the obvious comparison to make, but you inexplicably tried to make a correlation between a RT and a LT.

I appreciate those stats but I don't think they mean anything unless it distinguishes how much help the OT got on the play... I'm not a Bushrod haiter but there was a ton of chip help when we were in known passing downs...

One guy give up 6 sacks in a season with no help could be better then a guy that gave up 2 but had help from TEs and RBs all season..
I was just comparing him for the sake of seeing how they both did, of course a LT is going to give up more pressure, I figured I wouldn't have to say that. It also seemed obvious to me that Winston is just average because he has been released by a sub par team, all I wanted to say is his run blocking is better than Bushrod and thats were the comparison would end.

Drew does mask OTs ability to pass protect, but it only takes 1 missed block or assignment. I don't trust Winston, especially in the passing game.
I agree. Looking at the past year, the tackle position is important. Drew may need good interior blocking for passing lanes, but that tackle position is important. Alot of pressure has come from that RT spot mainly, and sometimes that LT spot the last two years(especially this past season). The Chiefs have always run the ball well, but there pass blocking has been poor. Granted they have not had the best QB situation, but their poor passing game has not all been the QB's fault. Just not 100% sold on either of their tackles as solid pass protectors.

Saintsreport is like the Statue of Liberty of the NFL. Give us your old, your tired, your rejected veterans. Give them all to us. Championship.

I was just comparing him for the sake of seeing how they both did, of course a LT is going to give up more pressure, I figured I wouldn't have to say that. It also seemed obvious to me that Winston is just average because he has been released by a sub par team, all I wanted to say is his run blocking is better than Bushrod and thats were the comparison would end.

I'm calling shenanigans. If all you wanted to say is his run blocking is better than Bushrod's than why compare pass protection stats?

The fact still remains that Strief was the weakest player on the offensive line last year. How does Winston's stats from last year compare to Strief's stats from last year? Bushrod doesn't belong in this conversation at all. Would Winston be an upgrade over Strief? End discussion.

I understand we have many needs with most on defense but Winston could fix our RT position for several years. If he would be willing to accept a reasonable contract he would be a significant improvement over Strief. Any thoughts?

Great size at 6 ft 7 in and 300+... started every game the last six seasons. Only 29 years old.

Yes sign him up. He was a stud in college. I wonder what happened there in KC. Other than on a bad team (we shouldn't have lost to them last season.)

Still don't know why he got cut by kc, maybe because with joeckel they wanted to fix the line for the next 5-6 years? He was a helluva good signing last year for them, i'd love to get him here, he's arguably one of the best RTs in the league

I'm calling shenanigans. If all you wanted to say is his run blocking is better than Bushrod's than why compare pass protection stats?

The fact still remains that Strief was the weakest player on the offensive line last year. How does Winston's stats from last year compare to Strief's stats from last year? Bushrod doesn't belong in this conversation at all. Would Winston be an upgrade over Strief? End discussion.

Look, the conversation was started about Winston and others were bringing up Bushrod as well. I put there stats up just because that was who people were discussing. Instead of guys saying why would you compare a LT and a RT, can't people just ask for Striefs stats? I don't have to put them on here and I am only doing it for your guys convenience.

Anyways here they are:

Streif- 6 sacks, 8 hits, 21 hurries. He played 300 less snaps than Bushrod though.

Yeah, screw that guy for defending his quarterback on and off the field. The last thing we need on this squad is a passionate team player.
never said the dude couldn't block, nor did I question his morality - just said when given the mic he gets all frothy..... Whatever :rolleyes:

Look, the conversation was started about Winston and others were bringing up Bushrod as well. I put there stats up just because that was who people were discussing. Instead of guys saying why would you compare a LT and a RT, can't people just ask for Striefs stats? I don't have to put them on here and I am only doing it for your guys convenience.

Anyways here they are:

Streif- 6 sacks, 8 hits, 21 hurries. He played 300 less snaps than Bushrod though.

Thank you.

Streif: 12 games, 6 sacks, 8 hits, 21 pressures

Winston: 16 games, 4 sacks, 6 hits, 25 pressures

We need to upgrade at RT...

We need a quite a few new pieces, however, we can't have everyone who gets released. Is our right tackle position more critical than our issues at LT? NT? Safety? Corner? Wide reciever?

Point being, we have some holes to fill. Let's not look at problems that aren't the biggest of needs.

Streif: 12 games, 6 sacks, 8 hits, 21 pressures

Winston: 16 games, 4 sacks, 6 hits, 25 pressures

We need to upgrade at RT...

Right. The Saints need to resign Bushrod. Thats a priority. However, if we're looking at making an upgrade on the line it would be at right tackle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom