N/S KC Tackle Eric Winston released (1 Viewer)

Winston was that doofus complaining to the media about the fans cheering when Cassel got injured last year.... I think - just don't give him the mic :hihi:

Hell, that gets him points in my book. Screw any player who did not call out the classless fans who cheered an injury of one of their teammates.

Just checked his stats out of PFF, 4 sacks, 6 hits, 25 pressures allowed this year.

Bushrod gave up 4 sacks, 8 hits, and 46 pressures this year.

Winstons run blocking is also better, but he is a true RT, we need a LT.

Better fit in a zone blocking scheme.

Just checked his stats out of PFF, 4 sacks, 6 hits, 25 pressures allowed this year.

Compare him to Strief then. Certainly could be an upgrade if he came at the right price.

Dude was a good pass blocker last year.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

He has way to many false starts,and if Houston and Kansas City doesnt want this goofball neither do we.

if he comes dirt cheap then maybe worth a shot but we need long-term not stop-gap solution at OT.

You're comparing the pressure allowed by a LT to that of a RT? That's apples to oranges and you know it. The left tackle is going to face more QB pressure than a RT. The fact that Bushrods stats are on par with Winston's while defending more pressure is a plus for Bushrod not a negative.

How do Zach Strief's stats compare to Winston's? That would be the obvious comparison to make, but you inexplicably tried to make a correlation between a RT and a LT.

He's a better run blocker than pass protector. Drew needs to stay vertical.

The way Drew movies around in the pocket a run blocker may be just what we need. We haven't had great tackles for a while now but they've been okay. Drew makes them look a lot better than they really are.

I think Winston could be a good fit. He has better numbers than Bushrod (though four more penalties, which I would bet are a product of poor QB play forcing him to get a holding call to protect the QB) and could definitely help us become more run-oriented, which I think we all would approve of. We can't live off of Drew making 40+ passing attempts per game and Ingram was drafted to be the workhorse and take pressure off of him as they both age. If he could come at, say, $27 million over 5 years (as I've said before I'm no bean counter so that's probably horribly off mark, but I hope I've made my point) I could see him being a great asset at RT while we take care of LT through the draft or promoting someone already on the roster.

I appreciate those stats but I don't think they mean anything unless it distinguishes how much help the OT got on the play... I'm not a Bushrod haiter but there was a ton of chip help when we were in known passing downs...

One guy give up 6 sacks in a season with no help could be better then a guy that gave up 2 but had help from TEs and RBs all season..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom