N/S Keenan Lewis Live Instagram Chat (1 Viewer)

It ruined us in 2014 & 15

Different team, different scheme. RR was a man to man scheme coach. There is also a lot of muddied water where "supposedly" SP demanded RR turn the team into the 2nd coming of Seattle, which, used more Cover 1/Cover 3 zone. I never thought we had the personnel for it, and we suffered.

I would totally welcome him back if he is healthy. Why can't the stars ever align where we have 2 pro-bowl-caliber CBs at the same time?

Breaux blows up and Keenan gets injured... I think Greer and Porter was the closest we've ever been.

A healthy Lewis, Breaux and improved pass rush would be great.

I love the ostrich aka Westbank. It is rare that a hometown cat comes home to roost and play for the Saints. Really only a few from all of LA in recent history, let's say post-Hebert. Devery Henderson, Michael Lewis, Tracy Porter.

Even fewer from NOLA. Come on home Keen.

Sign him back on the cheap and draft a corner high OR go after a guy like Stephen Gilmore.

Can't count on Damian Swann or P.J. Williams at this point.

I love the ostrich aka Westbank. It is rare that a hometown cat comes home to roost and play for the Saints. Really only a few from all of LA in recent history, let's say post-Hebert. Devery Henderson, Michael Lewis, Tracy Porter.

Even fewer from NOLA. Come on home Keen.

Delvin Breaux

Sign him back on the cheap and draft a corner high OR go after a guy like Stephen Gilmore.

Can't count on Damian Swann or P.J. Williams at this point.

If one of them can make it back onto the roster for depth, great. I agree. It's more failed investment, which is just critical to our success going forward. We need players like that to pan out.

I am tired of wanting and hoping for injured players to come back...blah, blah. Instead we should be looking for players that actually have never been injured significantly to make the roster. I do not get the hoping for previously injured players coming back making the roster. We should have had enough of that by now.

I am not ashamed of saying it is time to move on from PJ, Swann and the hope of Lewis coming back. Move on.

Different team, different scheme. RR was a man to man scheme coach. There is also a lot of muddied water where "supposedly" SP demanded RR turn the team into the 2nd coming of Seattle, which, used more Cover 1/Cover 3 zone. I never thought we had the personnel for it, and we suffered.

There is truth to that. I never understood why everybody thinks they can convert to a Cover-3 and automatically become "Seattle's defense". The PLAYERS make Seattle's scheme so effective. We don't have a player on our defensive roster that we can compare to the Seattle's. They have a better line, linebackers and secondary than we have.

We can't be them.

I am tired of wanting and hoping for injured players to come back...blah, blah. Instead we should be looking for players that actually have never been injured significantly to make the roster. I do not get the hoping for previously injured players coming back making the roster. We should have had enough of that by now.

I am not ashamed of saying it is time to move on from PJ, Swann and the hope of Lewis coming back. Move on.

I know you wont get a lot of upvotes for your opinion but I have to say I feel you 100% on this.

So much of the past three seasons has been looking ahead to a mystical time when our oft-injured players with tons of potential are all healthy at the same time and able to contribute.

It just feels like fools gold to put so much of our hopes and aspirations into the health of players who have such extensive injury histories.

I know you wont get a lot of upvotes for your opinion but I have to say I feel you 100% on this.

So much of the past three seasons has been looking ahead to a mystical time when our oft-injured players with tons of potential are all healthy at the same time and able to contribute.

It just feels like fools gold to put so much of our hopes and aspirations into the health of players who have such extensive injury histories.

I think the reason is because we've had a horrible defense for years, and the players who come along and show promise are the ones who end up getting hurt.

He just mentioned how Green brier is a bad place for training camp. He said it's a nice facility, but it lacks the passion from local fans cheering you on.

He also mentioned that you're exhausted once you leave there.

It's hard to say if that's his view of greenbrier or if other players share his opinion as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom