Article N/S Kelvin Benjamin throws Cam Newton under the bus. (1 Viewer)

No you have me pegged wrong. Two different guys and two different situations. Whether you think he is whining or not, tell me this, do you agree with his assessment?

I think you should probably watch that Shannon Sharpe vid that got posted above. Those are basically my thoughts............particularly the line where he says "you coulda done a lot worse than Cam at QB". And I either never knew, or forgot, about Benjamin being 280 pounds at one point.

Listen to Shannon's comments at the end about how the Panthers did without Benjamin and tell me if that sounds like anything you might have heard in our previous discussions from this morning.

38635124_10215272862270761_5826012764954427392_n.jpg

No you have me pegged wrong. Two different guys and two different situations. Whether you think he is whining or not, tell me this, do you agree with his assessment?

Well what he said really isn't the problem EVERYONE knows Cam isn't accurate and the knowledge part is hard to pinpoint. NFL coaches and scouts as well as the beloved Brian Baldinger for his love of Lattimore has broken down plays of Cams where he checks and audibles to a successful play so like I said the knowledge part is hard to assess.

But the problem is that he said it and doesn't have a claim to any of his arguments. Later Benjamin admitted being angry at the time of the comments so that makes it look even more like he's a bitter ex. Team plays better without you, you notice that the team is shifting to Funchess and running things through him, team trades you and they dont skip a beat and history says their better without you.

All Kelvin did was make future organizations and teammates cautious about bringing him in thinking that he'll throw his brothers under the bus, put a spotlight on you since he said "ANY QB" when his numbers got worse in buffalo, and generally look bad when your former QB took up for you at every turn when the world and media was clowning and asking him about your weight.

Kelvin Benjamin is full of it. I seem to recall right after he was drafted he said he wanted the Panther to draft him.
Carolina Panthers take Kelvin Benjamin, FSU receiver, at No. 28 in NFL Draft
Benjamin, 23, said he's been a Panthers' fan since they drafted quarterback Cam Newton in 2011.
"I guess you could say when Cam got there, I always dreamed I'd come in there and play with Cam, contribute to the organization," Benjamin said on a conference call minutes after being drafted.

Sounds like a well scripted answer and well before he knew the guy sucked.

Kelvin Benjamin is full of it. I seem to recall right after he was drafted he said he wanted the Panther to draft him.
Carolina Panthers take Kelvin Benjamin, FSU receiver, at No. 28 in NFL Draft
Benjamin, 23, said he's been a Panthers' fan since they drafted quarterback Cam Newton in 2011.
"I guess you could say when Cam got there, I always dreamed I'd come in there and play with Cam, contribute to the organization," Benjamin said on a conference call minutes after being drafted.

He just had been drafted by the Panthers in the 1st round. What did you expect him to say? Minus some notables (Elway, E. Manning, Bo Jackson), that's the sort of stuff just about all players drafted say after the draft.

View: https://youtu.be/DeLmKe9isQ8

I know its a rival but this is all that really needs to be said about it. Everyone knows Cam is up and down with his accuracy while have a perfect qbr one week and a 70 the next but Benjamin looks like the one that will come away looking bad from this. Now teams will be hesitant to sign him because hes thrown previous teammates under the bus.

But is it accurate!? Cam won an MVP that he didnt deserve, arguably on the back of his Defence and Greg Olson. They went to the Superbowl LARGELY on the back of their defence. Look at what that defence did in the first quarter of all of those playoff games, tehy took it over with turnovers and points.

Cam Newton HAS NOT proven to be a great QB in this league. Shannon Sharpe sounds like an idiot. He wants to talk numbers, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS SHANNON. One good season out of your whole career, hmm I would take a look at the average not the Outlier.

Benjamin will look bad but hes not wrong and hes not lying. Shannon Sharpe would do himself a favour and stop looking at stat sheets and start watching the games. Cam Newton is a Selfish Immature Egotistical Cry Baby. If I owned that team he would be the first guy I would move, PERIOD.

I am not gonna argue the point any more, but what KB said, whether he looks good or bad was the truth end of story. Look at the film it never lies.

I think you should probably watch that Shannon Sharpe vid that got posted above. Those are basically my thoughts............particularly the line where he says "you coulda done a lot worse than Cam at QB". And I either never knew, or forgot, about Benjamin being 280 pounds at one point.

Listen to Shannon's comments at the end about how the Panthers did without Benjamin and tell me if that sounds like anything you might have heard in our previous discussions from this morning.

My thoughts are above. Shannon should watch some film and get off the stat sheet. Would really like to see his actions if he was on Carolina. I dont buy his take, in fact if you look up the actual facts almost everything he said was wrong. Newton has not proven to be a great or MVP caliber QB. How many WR has Carolina gone through the last 5 years? How many of them ever cracked a top 10 statistically. How many times has the Panthers offense cracked top 10? They have won many games because of defensive turnovers and scores. Cam had a great little 2 season run where he was running alot, that is the only reason guys could get open and the ball could be moved, sorry thats a fact. He lacks the ability to put the ball where it needs to be on a receiver thats open most times, let alone place it where a guy can win 1 on 1 coverage.

I absolutley hate the Falcons but Matt Ryan deserved the MVP. If someone said something about Ryan i wouldnt agree with it. Benjamins Asessment is accurate.

His accuracy has always been a issue, anybody that watches football would say that about Cam, but his talent is undeniable.

Cam Newton tried to return the favor but he ended up throwing Kelvin Benjamin over the bus.

He just had been drafted by the Panthers in the 1st round. What did you expect him to say? Minus some notables (Elway, E. Manning, Bo Jackson), that's the sort of stuff just about all players drafted say after the draft.
He could have kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't have been the 1st draftee to do so. But he didn't so he stepped in it. Now he just sounds like a hypocrite.

But is it accurate!? Cam won an MVP that he didnt deserve, arguably on the back of his Defence and Greg Olson. They went to the Superbowl LARGELY on the back of their defence. Look at what that defence did in the first quarter of all of those playoff games, tehy took it over with turnovers and points.

Cam Newton HAS NOT proven to be a great QB in this league. Shannon Sharpe sounds like an idiot. He wants to talk numbers, LOOK AT THE NUMBERS SHANNON. One good season out of your whole career, hmm I would take a look at the average not the Outlier.

That year Cam beat out Palmer for the MVP and Brady finished 3rd. By and large Cam was considered to have the worst offensive pieces and still had the most total TDs which is why they gave him the award. If I can remember correctly those cardinals defenses weren't pushovers, just because the defense gives you get a short field you still gotta score.

That's like if our defense leads the league in takeaways but people detract from Brees having a good year and they say "well his defense gave him alot of good opportunities" we'd be P'Oed and say so what.

I was curious about the Bills fans take on the whole thing and I read a post that is funny when you talk about the numbers you speak on. Didn't copy the link but those are where Cam ranks all time. He's inaccurate and still needs to do some growing more times than not but I wouldn't say that he isn't good.
Screenshot_20180807-194233_Samsung Internet.jpg

Are you trying to convince us or convince yourself that Newton is great? You've been a member here at Saints Report almost a year and your first few posts are lengthy diatribes that sound like a Panther fan.

GO Panthers!!!

DL.. I'm a diehard Saint's fan from the Archie Manning to the Billie Kilmer to the Kenny Stabler to the Drew Brees days and every day in between. Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading the posts and being entertained by the fans and members on this fan site. And, just because I respect our opponents, doesn't mean I love my Saints any less.

Ask yourself, are the Saints a good team or a championship team? Every year the Patriots consistently dominates a division of good teams. The Saints can't consistently dominate the NFC-South because of the QBs on the teams they play. Last year, with nothing to play for, Winston lead the Bucs to a comeback win over the Saints and his team had nothing to play for. Brees, Newton and Ryan made the playoffs last season and they could do it again this year because NFC-South is widely considered the toughest division in football and they make significant runs in the playoffs. So, regardless how we feel about the competition, we play good teams who are lead by winning QBs.

What does it say about the Saints if we can't win against poor competition? Winston is unstable, but he can put a game together and beat you. Ryan can be too nonchalant, but he can rally his team and beat you. And Newton can sulk and grow disinterested, but he is a competitor who hates to lose and he can beat you. How do I know? My Saints play these guys and I have seen these QBs at their best. And I know they can beat you.

Back before the Saints traded Ricky Williams, I visited the Hall of Fame and purchased a Ricky Williams bobblehead because it was the only black and gold jersey in the HOF Gift Shop. Guess what... if fans like me want more Saints jersey's in the HOF, then we need to beat the Panthers, Falcons and Bucs and prove we belong.

GO Saints...

He could have kept his mouth shut. He wouldn't have been the 1st draftee to do so. But he didn't so he stepped in it. Now he just sounds like a hypocrite.

You are faulting the man for the same type of lip service just about every draftee gives the fans of the team that just drafted him, which is irrational.

You are faulting the man for the same type of lip service just about every draftee gives the fans of the team that just drafted him, which is irrational.
Spare me. He sounds like a hypocrite.

Cam Newton tried to return the favor but he ended up throwing Kelvin Benjamin over the bus.

Now that's funny, Marc. :bowdown2:

DL.. I'm a diehard Saint's fan from the Archie Manning to the Billie Kilmer to the Kenny Stabler to the Drew Brees days and every day in between. Just because I don't post, doesn't mean I don't enjoy reading the posts and being entertained by the fans and members on this fan site. And, just because I respect our opponents, doesn't mean I love my Saints any less.

Ask yourself, are the Saints a good team or a championship team? Every year the Patriots consistently dominates a division of good teams. The Saints can't consistently dominate the NFC-South because of the QBs on the teams they play. Last year, with nothing to play for, Winston lead the Bucs to a comeback win over the Saints and his team had nothing to play for. Brees, Newton and Ryan made the playoffs last season and they could do it again this year because NFC-South is widely considered the toughest division in football and they make significant runs in the playoffs. So, regardless how we feel about the competition, we play good teams who are lead by winning QBs.

What does it say about the Saints if we can't win against poor competition? Winston is unstable, but he can put a game together and beat you. Ryan can be too nonchalant, but he can rally his team and beat you. And Newton can sulk and grow disinterested, but he is a competitor who hates to lose and he can beat you. How do I know? My Saints play these guys and I have seen these QBs at their best. And I know they can beat you.

Back before the Saints traded Ricky Williams, I visited the Hall of Fame and purchased a Ricky Williams bobblehead because it was the only black and gold jersey in the HOF Gift Shop. Guess what... if fans like me want more Saints jersey's in the HOF, then we need to beat the Panthers, Falcons and Bucs and prove we belong.

GO Saints...

Teams win divisions and Super Bowls, not just QB's.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom