Article N/S Kelvin Benjamin throws Cam Newton under the bus. (1 Viewer)

Wow so many Cam apologists and defenders in this thread made me doublecheck whether I am in a Saints fan forum or not......

Cam is a talented runner but an okay QB. Kelvin Benjamin was classless, but he spoke truth. Enough said

I don't care if they had the exact same number of passes, you cannot ignore the changes to the passing game over time.

Elway's career pass completion % was 56.9, just behind Boomer Esaiason's 57.0%, and Esiason was one of the most precise QBs of his age. None of the guys of his era (Moon, Krieg, Eason) broke 60%. It just wasn't done in the 80s unless you were Joe Montana.

And this is the first time I've heard of Elway as a "choke artist" -- his Broncos did lost Super Bowls to superior teams, but I think "The Drive" pretty much takes "choke artist" out of the equation from the get-go.
I agree. When I first started watching football, 50% completions was the standard. Of course they didn’t have all of the dump offs available back then. You couldn’t afford to leave your QB vulnerable to the blitz in an era where they could literally legally rip their head off. You had a lot of 2 and 3 receiver routes.

That makes Cam’s lack of accuracy even worse for me. His favorite targets are his TE and a RB which should lend itself to a higher completion rate. Especially for a QB that looks to tuck and run rather than throw the ball away.
Elway and Montana were known for their 4th Quarter comebacks and calmness under pressure. Never heard the choke artist before. I’d give more credit to Mike Shannahan than Terrell Davis for Elways rings. Shannahan’s system didn’t require elite RB’s. He often times plug and played numerous RB’s. His success was due to his blocking schemes that are no longer legal.

He started playful as you can see on his face but as soon as Kelvin wouldn't shake his hand that's when his expression changed.

It's a bad look for Kelvin in the end, it makes him look like the scorned ex lover and bad teammate for future teams that might look at him. Guys that have a history of throwing teammates under the bus and aren't ELITE with a history of poor work ethics and weight problems have a short shelf life.

Look at the way he tells who could be Thomas Davis to walk away, he wasn't playing around. Besides anything negative towards Scam Newton is awesome in my book. I don't care if KB comes across as a scorned lover and I don't care if he's any good or not on the field, he spoke the truth about Newton.

Cam gets the hate because he invites the hate with his dancing cocky showboating attitude when he’s winning and his Whiney, prissy immature attitude when losing.

Of all the examples listed none of them acted or act like Cam. That’s a big reason people hate on him too and it’s muh deserved.

Bingo

Look at the way he tells who could be Thomas Davis to walk away, he wasn't playing around. Besides anything negative towards Scam Newton is awesome in my book. I don't care if KB comes across as a scorned lover and I don't care if he's any good or not on the field, he spoke the truth about Newton.
Oh yeah everyone knows he isn't accurate, the reason most people and every media outlet is dogging Kelvin(except for Cowherd) is because Cams struggles aren't why Kelvin hasn't lived up to a 1st rounder.

Him talking about Cam's accuracy are true. As far as him saying that's the reason why he has sucked, is NOT true. He's using Cam as an excuse for his own considerable failings.

Are we into honesty, or just blind hatred??

Are we into honesty, or just blind hatred??

As a Saints fan I see it as my duty to see all other NFC South QBs through the lens of unabashed hatred. Hatred is a strong word though. More like extreme dislike. We bang on Matt Ryan and Winston a lot around here and I never see anyone take up for them. It's just a dog pile. But I've noticed that when we take shots at Cam some people around here will take up for him. I've Saints fans make excuses for the way he acts and dresses. Now people are defending his play on the field. Wow.

As a Saints fan I see it as my duty to see all other NFC South QBs through the lens of unabashed hatred. Hatred is a strong word though. More like extreme dislike. We bang on Matt Ryan and Winston a lot around here and I never see anyone take up for them. It's just a dog pile. But I've noticed that when we take shots at Cam some people around here will take up for him. I've Saints fans make excuses for the way he acts and dresses. Now people are defending his play on the field. Wow.

I have taken up for Ryan on here before because he's a good QB. He's not Brees, but he's good. Winston has done nothing for anybody to defend him for anything. Cam has had a pretty good career so far. His college career was outstanding. He's probably underperformed compared to where he was taken in the NFL, but he's had some good moments. He acts like a clown on the field, which I don't like. I dont think he's a great leader and I don't think he's an accurate passer.

None of that has anything to do with the point I'm trying to make. Benjamin is trying to push off his pathetic career thus far to Cam Newton when Benjamin has had trouble staying under three bills and away from the buffet line. He takes no responsibility for his own failings, which are a multitude. If he was criticizing ANYBODY but Cam Newton we'd call him out on it, but because it's Cam, our objectivity goes out the window.

He needs to worry about himself. I don't have that much respect for Cam Newton, but I have less than zero for Kelvin Benjamin...

So The excuse is KB can’t miss a buffet, fatty can’t catch. What about all the other receivers with multiple bad balls thrown their way during the games? If you watch the games there’s a lot of them. They don’t count as drops cause they are so bad. That’s a STAT you can’t make unless you watch games. Just because the guys didn’t say anything doesn’t mean they don’t agree with KB.

While KB may sound petty. What he said about Cam is true.

Maybe some of y’all should change jerseys. Never seen a guy so absolutely arrogant and anti Saints been defended to vehemently in this forum

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom