N/S:Kevin Harlan's Play-By-Play Radio Call Of The MNF Idiot On The Field (1 Viewer)

That's some security in that stadium. The guy literally took a lap around the field before anyone tried to stop him. Harlan's call was very funny!

Took the police a very long time to get out there

a_cartoon_cop_eating_a_donut_royalty_free_080731-182582-303048.jpg

Harlan is great, definitely one of best play-by-play guys in the business right now. I love that he just went with it - you're calling a boring *** game and you take whatever you can get to give some action to the listeners!

I don't know about y'all, but I think the radio guys are so much more enjoyable, for any sport. They have to call the game and stick to the action - they have to presume the listener can't see the game. So you just get a very rich, lively call of the game without all of the "color" and anecdote that you get on TV, where the announcers' purpose is really secondary to the visual video feed itself.

Sports on the radio is so much more enjoyable...including cricket. I once even heard a track meet on the radio in Jamaica.

Since I am forced to visualize things myself; keep track of time in my head and try to figure out where the players are lining up, I feel I am more invested in the event. Watching a game on TV is kind of lazy. You can turn your head for a minute of two, run to the frig or post on Saints Report...with radio, you really can't miss a moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom