N/S Kevin Jones being cut in the motor city (per PFT) (1 Viewer)

Deuuuuce

So much 4 being rusty
Reaction score
Detroit is a mess....They will be picking in the top 10 again next year no question

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Its been said that they like Mendenhall.....Jones is a good back, but he has had injury problems his whole career in Detroit.....sad.

BigHossTheBoss

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
How is releasing one player a smokescreen for what you are going to do in the draft? You don't release a good, young player without a backup plan. Maybe they don't want Mendenhall, but they are surely going to pick a back in round 1 or 2 now.

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
How is releasing one player a smokescreen for what you are going to do in the draft? You don't release a good, young player without a backup plan. Maybe they don't want Mendenhall, but they are surely going to pick a back in round 1 or 2 now.
Their starter now=Brian Calhoun.
They will at least spend a second but if Mendenhall's around I don't think they'll delay.
More chance of one of the good CBs going to our second.

SinnerSaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Once KJ is let go, I see a draft day trade sending Shaun Alexander to Detroit.

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This has been confirmed by 1130 wdfn Detroit. Tatum Bell is the starting RB right now.
Speculation is that they want Jones back for no more than league minimum.

morals99

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Everybody knows they are going to draft a WR....thats the easiest one to predict.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Shame. The guy had so much promise after a 4.7 ypg, 1200 yard effort in 2004. Injuries have just killed him. He looked to be turning it around last year and got hurt again.

Frank The Rat

Official SR twitter team
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They also released Kalimba Edwards. What about taking a look at him for some more DE depth.

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm confused....I thought Detroit just re-signed Jones to a one year deal for 1.75M. That's what they said on NFL Live yesterday. What the heck is that all about??? Sign him one day and cut him the next? Makes no sense at all.

I think any team taking a chance on Alexander is in BIG trouble. Seattle has had one of the better O lines for awhile. I think whatever team brings in S. Alexander is going to regret it. I look for a repeat of what happened to James when he left the Colts to go to the Cards....never turned into anything. If he goes to Detriot, it would be for nothing more than a one or two year deal at the minimum with a lot of incentives so they can draft a RB and groom him under Shaun's wing......Jones is not the guy to "mentor" anyone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom