N/S Kinda! Ref Against New Orleans (1 Viewer)

13-17 record, not going anywhere this season. Team is still bad and will probably trade more assets away for more assets they'll move on from in a season or two.
Rooting for Pelicans is the equivalent of hitting your head on the wall. Pelicans are never going anywhere. With exception of Spurs, consistent franchises that win big are in larger Markets

Rooting for Pelicans is the equivalent of hitting your head on the wall. Pelicans are never going anywhere. With exception of Spurs, consistent franchises that win big are in larger Markets

This makes me think of rooting for the Saints before Brees/Payton.

I forgot about that one. There were so many bad calls! I don't know what set that ref off. J.J. only spun the ball to him to get around the other player.
before the 1st T, you can see JJ saying something to the guy as they went down the court - seemingly 'politely' asking him to make a call
on the 2nd tech, JJ wasn't 'just' throwing the ball back - it was like when your sibling does something that you know is wrong but there's enough plausible deniability that your parents won't be able to punish -- he didn't react that much when he got the second T and you can see him already saying something like 'i was just throwing it back to him' before he even sees what's going on

what i've seen this year from JJ is that he knows he's lost a step so he's leaning into the 'savvy vet' bag of tricks and trying to manufacture calls, plays, etc
most of the time, refs aren't buying it

i don't believe this - they are one or two cogs from catching a gear - if BI and Zo learn how to consistently close games or Kira can replace Bledsoe or Jaxson stops playing like a 3 legged colt, they could go deep

Basketball is the most difficult sport, by a mile, to ref.

Imagine the idea of pass interference ....EVERY TIME DOWN THE COURT.

Contact can be called at anytime, legitimately, and there’s contact on every possession in the paint.

Blatantly obvious fouls are one thing, but have a guy drive into a crowded key....it’s 50/50 every time.

I forgot about that one. There were so many bad calls! I don't know what set that ref off. J.J. only spun the ball to him to get around the other player.

So there is a ref under the basket... That's who the ball goes to.

JJ had no intention of throwing that ball to anyone but 58. You can see as he clears the last guy he was sure to toss that ball to 58 and did.

To show him up kinda way. The spin plus the speed was clear. I did like his reaction of "what I do"?? But he knew. Lol

However 58 totally missed the travel by Tatum when he shot that step back over Hart. (and that's his call to make due to positioning)

i don't believe this - they are one or two cogs from catching a gear - if BI and Zo learn how to consistently close games or Kira can replace Bledsoe or Jaxson stops playing like a 3 legged colt, they could go deep

It's defense gmr... If we get 80% of what we got last night in the 4th, this team will be really good.

We had a string of games last week where 3pt shots just kept raining down by the opponents. To the tune of close to 50%. That's insane. Porzingis had 7 in one half I think. That's AFTER several game layoff.

We do need a proper point. But BI starting to remind me of Durant. Silky smooth mid range that, due to his length, is really unguardable.

But starts with D.

The numbers don't say it for the Pelicans. Over the years they have shot about the same number of foul shots as opponents. Zion probably could get more calls - but its so hard to ref someone that much bigger and stronger than opponents - Shaq got a raw deal too. As for the Saints, ever since Payton went off after the no-call, the numbers regarding PI and defensive holding have been criminally biased against the Saints. I do believe its an anti-Payton agenda. I'm even more invested in the Pels than the Saints, but I do not see the bias against them.

It's defense gmr... If we get 80% of what we got last night in the 4th, this team will be really good.

We had a string of games last week where 3pt shots just kept raining down by the opponents. To the tune of close to 50%. That's insane. Porzingis had 7 in one half I think. That's AFTER several game layoff.

We do need a proper point. But BI starting to remind me of Durant. Silky smooth mid range that, due to his length, is really unguardable.

But starts with D.
I wonder how much of the defense’s struggles are because of SVG’s scheme. As I understand things, his defensive philosophy is predicated on conceding 3pt shots at the top of the arc to lesser shooters to close out on higher percentage shots. Problem is, in this NBA even lesser shooters can get hot if they’re getting consistent open looks beyond the arc and they can get into a rhythm.

San Antonio is love the 8th largest city in the country. ???

the refs decided that they were not going to call a penalty on either team unless someone threw them a bounce pass during play stoppage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom