N/S (kinda): Texans release CB Aaron Colvin (1 Viewer)

Payton targeted him, exposed him, and the Texans cut him because they realized every team they play was about to follow suit.

Silly Texans - every team can't do what Sean and Drew do! :D

Seriously, I did read an article last week where after last season the Texans had expressed to Colvin he needed to improve.

Dude has been a bust! Giving up a TD pass to Taysom Hill has to be the last straw lol

Dude has been a bust! Giving up a TD pass to Taysom Hill has to be the last straw lol
I have a feeling that won't be the only Receiving Touchdown Taysom has this year.... just a thought though.

hell no I'd wouldn't spend a penny on this guy who given up 3tds in one game. would rather Crawley tbh, Payton kept him around for a reason

Just for historical reference on this subject, the was a narrative floating from the Texans that everyone else except Colvin's man was covered. I think Baldy even mentions this in the below video. Granted, Colvin leaves Ginn open more than the rest, but I see three receivers who are open by Drew's standards. Besides Ginn at the Y receiver spot, the Z receiver on the right side appears open, and also I think it's Mike Thomas in the middle who has created enough space after he turns around to make the catch. The problem as I see it, is more the entire right side is in off man technique with the safeties way back in prevent. If Colvin would have covered Ginn perfectly, do any of you think Drew wouldn't have completed the pass to either the Z wr or MT13?

ETA:. When I look at it again, Mike looks pretty covered, but the Z looks open too.

Here is the video from Baldy:

Last edited:
I somehow doubt that we would target a guy as the weak link in an opponents pass defense and then target him as a free agent the very next week. I don't know much about this though. It could just be the master plan. ?

Loomis "hey Sean, remember that guy we said we were gonna throw al! Over last week? Guess whose available"

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom