N/S Kuechly in concussion protocol (1 Viewer)

Just saw where Luke Kuechly was put into the league concussion protocol. The hit didn't look really that bad, but you could tell that he was concussed pretty badly...

If you look closely, his teammate hits him in the back of the helmet after he got hit in the front by Hightower.

I think it's the Bam Bam of opposite forces that did the trick!

Kuechly may not have caused the concussion on the hit we saw, but was an accumulation from another hit. He was sure dazed on the back of that cart.

I believe he was a shaken up on the play before. Does anybody have access to the play before?

Kuechly had a bad head injury. I don't see him coming back in a week. And the amount of times he's been concussed leads me to believe he will not be in the league very much longer. For his own safety.

I was at the game and the coverage on tv didn't do his emotional state much justice. The hit wasn't bad, but it just happened the right way I guess. I feel terrible for him. Classy dude.

It was alarming for sure. His emotional state did not seem to fit the situation. I thought it was a blown knee or something. But he ended up looking very confused and upset. I just hope that moment doesn't become an icon of brain injury in the NFL. It looked really disturbing.

If you look closely, his teammate hits him in the back of the helmet after he got hit in the front by Hightower.

I think it's the Bam Bam of opposite forces that did the trick!

Yep. Cerebral spinal fluid shifts to protect the impact for the first hit but leaves other parts of the brain case susceptible during the second hit. I did not realize there was a second hit but makes sense why he was so bad off. Bottom line- that was traumatic brain damage last night.

When the cart came out for Luke, my initial thought was that it was his leg or knee.

MI is soldier and was visibly upset he could not return. Both of these young guys will be back stronger than ever in a week or so. Heal up !

It looked like mark Ingram knocked himself out

I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary-eyed myself when I saw Luke crying. As someone else said, it must be something serious for a tough guy like that to beak down like that.

As for Ingram, I'm glad it was just a concussion and nothing worse. I know concussions can be very serious, but when I saw the hit, I thought Mark had a severe neck injury. The way his neck bent with the hit, and the way he was lying still, I thought he might have been paralyzed :covri:.

I hope both players make a full recovery.

I wish he played for the Saints. He plays the game the way it should be played. I felt really bad for him, and I hope he is okay soon.

i think he was hopped up on something + brain injury = strange reaction

I don't think he was on anything. Some brain injuries can cause involuntary crying or laughing. I really hope he's okay. It was worrisome to see.

IMO a concussion is worse than a leg injury or something like this. Especially for a guy like Kuechly who already had one last year.

I think Keuchly's got emotional because of his past history with concussion. The moment he realized he was concussed, he knew his season or even career were possibly in jeopardy.

I think Keuchly's got emotional because of his past history with concussion. The moment he realized he was concussed, he knew his season or even career were possibly in jeopardy.

Tbh I don't even think he knew he was crying, or even playing football. His bell got rung so hard it cracked. Very very disturbing to watch

Read this in an article regarding the injury:

Although Kuechly is the premier sideline-to-sideline linebacker of his generation, it is his instincts that set him apart as a perennial Defensive Player of the Year candidate. Drew Brees revealed to NBC's Cris Collinsworth that Kuechly called out at least a third of the Saints' plays at the line of scrimmage the last time the two teams met.

I don't think he was on anything. Some brain injuries can cause involuntary crying or laughing. I really hope he's okay. It was worrisome to see.

I think the same. I hope it's not as bad as I think but he looked like a boxer who had been pounded for 15 rounds in the old days. The brain is something we don't understand. Severe brain damage can cause crying, laughing, convulsion, or you can just get knocked out. I think that was a dangerous moment we missed. I bet he doesn't remember any of last night or maybe the week before or after. He brain was behaving like a baby and he had no control. It's hard to believe but he had no control and won't remember any of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom