N/S Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - Is he the Real Deal? (1 Viewer)

As a college spread system QB, yes. As a pro QB prospect, no. He will put up huge numbers this year and maybe win the heisman. Put him in a pro style NFL system, and it would be like reading a foreign language to him.

How do you know this? I mean I can understand you having that opinion, but you state it as fact....how do you know?

I mean I realize 99% of college QB's fail at the NFL level but sometimes I feel people rely on those numbers, and nothing else, to boast statements such as yours.

How do you know this? I mean I can understand you having that opinion, but you state it as fact....how do you know?

I mean I realize 99% of college QB's fail at the NFL level but sometimes I feel people rely on those numbers, and nothing else, to boast statements such as yours.
From watching him play since last year. Questionable accuracy throwing the ball, but the system they run helps. Footwork, pocket presence, throwing receivers open in tight coverage are all questionable. Has not played under center much, if at all. He has great physical tools but at this point is definitely not a pro style QB. Manziel was more pro ready. He's more dynamic though.

56-10 after Jackson scores on ANOTHER long run....and they have it again
on the 10.
This is insane.

It is now 63-10 with 12:30 left in the 4th. Jackson has i think 4 rushing and 1 passing TD. The last score was on a ten yard run by a RB right after a pick.

5763530109_2ee968ab7a.jpg

From watching him play since last year. Questionable accuracy throwing the ball, but the system they run helps. Footwork, pocket presence, throwing receivers open in tight coverage are all questionable. Has not played under center much, if at all. He has great physical tools but at this point is definitely not a pro style QB. Manziel was more pro ready. He's more dynamic though.

So basically the same knock on most QB's coming out of college then, no?:idunno:

Damn Florida State this bad? That Louisville vs Houston game may decide who gets in the playoff at this rate.

Damn Florida State this bad? That Louisville vs Houston game may decide who gets in the playoff at this rate.

Or the Cards that good?

My dad was a graduate of Louisville and my uncle is in the Louisville hall of fame for Basketball, so I might be Biased:hihi:

I think it's a little bit of both. Louisville is very very good on offense. I don't think FSU's defense is all that good, specifically up front. Average, at best. I'm not seeing very good decisions out of Francois, either. So, they're offense keeps stalling or turning the ball over. Basically, Louisville is probably a top 10 team, while FSU is a bit overrated right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom