N/S Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville - Is he the Real Deal? (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I don't know much about him, but I saw some highlights last week. I'm not sure the level of competition of those highlights, but he looked like Super Man amongst boys. It looked like he could run really well, pickup secondary receivers and had an accurate cannon arm with some touch.

For those who have watched him, is he exceptional? thx

Precisely. He'd have to change positions like Antwann Randle-El did and become a WR. He was a similarly multipurpose QB in college at Indiana.

He very well might be able to pull that off. There's no denying he's one hell of an athlete and can make people miss in the open field.

The only reason Cam Newton is successful running like he does is because of his freakish size and strength. Not many people are built like he is.

He is probably better off transitioning to WR. His accuracy is questionable and pocket presence is weak. He would struggle transitioning to being just a pocket passer. He wouldn't last long take hits on the run. Hell, Cam struggles taking hits and that dude is a giant.

My watch espn app just crapped out on me with Louisville at the two yard line right before the half. Anyone wanna clue me in on what happened? Did they get the TD or forced to try a field goal or neither? Lil help?

He's a prototypical read-option QB. It works great at the college level, but rarely translates to the NFL.

My watch espn app just crapped out on me with Louisville at the two yard line right before the half. Anyone wanna clue me in on what happened? Did they get the TD or forced to try a field goal or neither? Lil help?

They got the TD. 35-10 at the half.

Seems inaccurate as a passer, but who needs any of that at the college level when you run like a gazelle?

42-10.
Over the #2 rated team in the country.
With 2 full quarters left to play.

I don't know much about him, but I saw some highlights last week. I'm not sure the level of competition of those highlights, but he looked like Super Man amongst boys. It looked like he could run really well, pickup secondary receivers and had an accurate cannon arm with some touch.

For those who have watched him, is he exceptional? thx
As a college spread system QB, yes. As a pro QB prospect, no. He will put up huge numbers this year and maybe win the heisman. Put him in a pro style NFL system, and it would be like reading a foreign language to him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom