N/S Larry Fitzgeralds cap number for next season (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Saw this on PFT his cap number for next season is going to be 16.485 million. That is insane the only way for the cards to lessen the blow would be to sign him to a long term deal or trade him. Fitzgerald said in the article that he loves Zona so maybe he would sign for a little cheaper, but man talk about having some leverage.

Chris Cooley is due an $11m roster bonus. I would imagine these deals are based on an agreement that they re-structure. A team would be foolish to build in these cap numbers and have no other recourse but to cut them

if......

for some reason if they cannot work out a restructure deal could this be the makings of a draft day trade? I mean there is no way a team can afford to pay a wide out 14.6 million in base salary. Boldin’s base salary for next year is 3.5 million just to give an example of the large gap in salary here.

Could you imagine if TO got wind of how much Larry has coming his way next year???

Could you imagine if TO got wind of how much Larry has coming his way next year???

It's not as if T.O. is starving. He will have made $25M in three years. I'm pretty sure he's satisfied for the most part.

Saw this on PFT his cap number for next season is going to be 16.485 million. That is insane the only way for the cards to lessen the blow would be to sign him to a long term deal or trade him. Fitzgerald said in the article that he loves Zona so maybe he would sign for a little cheaper, but man talk about having some leverage.

the Arizona papers are reporting today that the Cards are interested in trading LF due to the huge amount he will be owed this upcoming season, although they are working on an extension that would restructure his number. His actual salary is about $15mil. not just "cap money". WOW!!!

Being that he wants to stay in the desert, it'll probably get done in favor of the Cards. But what would you be willing to give for LF? 1st rounder? plus a player? 2 picks? This guy would be the perfect downfield compliment to Colston, since everybody believes we need another threat. even though I want defense defense defense, I would give them a 1st in a NY second!

He's good. He's not $15 million good.

He's good. He's not $15 million good.

Yes he is. Its not his fault they structured his contract that way. Its not as if he has made 15 million a year since he signed.

the Arizona papers are reporting today that the Cards are interested in trading LF due to the huge amount he will be owed this upcoming season, although they are working on an extension that would restructure his number. His actual salary is about $15mil. not just "cap money". WOW!!!

Being that he wants to stay in the desert, it'll probably get done in favor of the Cards. But what would you be willing to give for LF? 1st rounder? plus a player? 2 picks? This guy would be the perfect downfield compliment to Colston, since everybody believes we need another threat. even though I want defense defense defense, I would give them a 1st in a NY second!
I doubt trading for Larry Fitzgerald is in any way, shape, or form in the Saints plans. The Cardinals would demand a high draft pick, and as the topic of this thread states, he's due ~ $15 million this year. There goes over half our cap space and probably our top draft pick (+/-). No way.

I doubt trading for Larry Fitzgerald is in any way, shape, or form in the Saints plans. The Cardinals would demand a high draft pick, and as the topic of this thread states, he's due ~ $15 million this year. There goes over half our cap space and probably our top draft pick (+/-). No way.

In the NFL, when players are traded, especially players with demanding contracts the agreements are almost always renegotiated with the acquiring team before the trade deal is consummated. Just as the Cards are trying to renegotiate his deal, the other team would do the same.
As for the draft pick, do you not think LF is worthy of the #10 pick? He's a proven top-flight NFL WR that's probably better than any player that will be chosen in the entire '08 draft. I'd even try bargaining the '09 1st round pick...

We already have Larry Fitzgerald on this team, it's just that his name is Marques Colston.....................

Actually Colston is more of an Anquan Boldin type than a Larry Fitzgerald type...

Yeah, especially when we have a potential high-dollar WR with all the talent in the world riding the pine.

The dude is our highest paid Wide out at the moment and yes sadly he perfected the Splinter Shuffle last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom