N/S LB Terrell Suggs BAL mad at Ravens over tag $$ (1 Viewer)

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I would GLADLY trade the # 10 and some change to the Ravens for Suggs. He's far and away the top blitzing WLB in the league and he's only 24 yrs old. AND he can also play DE better than anyone we currently have. The Ravens can entertain trades other than two 1sts if they so choose. GET ON IT LOOMIS!!

P.S. - he's actually worth a 7 yr 49 million dollar contract, unlike Briggs.

Per Rotoworld:
Terrell Suggs has filed a grievance against the Ravens, arguing he should've been franchise tagged as a defensive end instead of a linebacker.
This was inevitable. The Ravens tagged him as a linebacker because the one-year tender ($8.065 million) is $814,000 cheaper than for DEs. Suggs says he played over 50% of his 2007 snaps at end. The Ravens contend he's always been listed at LB. The sides have broken off long-term contract talks.
Source: Baltimore Sun

wbbigtymer

Whodie I'm a Saints fan
Reaction score
Someone will surely reply that he plays in the 3-4 and it may not be known how well he'd transfer into a 4-3 system. But I'm sure he'd be an upgrade over Shanle, just not sure how much sense it would make to throw everything into getting him as opposed to just drafting a couple linebackers and seeing who sticks.

I also call into question your claim that he can play DE better than anyone we currently have. Again, in our scheme, of course.

OP
BRSaintfan

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Ravens played in 4-3 sets this year, hence the split at DE and OLB this past year. Suggs is light years ahead of any LB in the draft, with 3 years experience, and is at a comparable age (24) to any rookie. Also, he can play end in quarter and dime packages, when only 1 LB (Vilma) is on the field. A Fujita-Vilma-Suggs LB core would make Randall Gay look like Asante Samuel.

Last edited:

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Suggs is very good but I dunnoooooo, if Loomis would give up our #10.

With that said, I'd love if he was a Saint

OP
BRSaintfan

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Top-3 pick? I would hesitate. A top-10 pick? (Suggs as compared to Dorsey or Rivers or Rodgers-Cromartie? Suggs, and its not even close.) Always take proven talent over the unknown.

Again, I would doubt that the Ravens would ever deal him, but I think it's worth a shot.

CargoJon

Banned
Reaction score
My goodness, that would be the deal of the year to bring him down here....

Reaction score
DO IT DO IT DO IT: Look like BRSAINTSFAN said rather take a proven player experience than someone that you wont know how he plays

Percussionboi

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
The question is...Do you think your number 10 will be better than Suggs? Or do you think your 10 will produce quicker than Suggs??Me personally I would trade my 10th pick becuase you never kno what u getting from a rookie. But Suggs is a PROVEN linebacker!

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is over $800,000 bucks....I think its petty, considering he is getting $8mill.....but that's just me, probably because I'm hourly.

Superfan

45th
Reaction score
if he is franchised then don't we have to give them 2 #1's. isn't it a league rule?

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
if he is franchised then don't we have to give them 2 #1's. isn't it a league rule?

Theres ways to get around that.

The ravens can trade him for whatever they want.

We could FORCE them to give up Suggs and it would cost 2 1st rounders.

St.RobE

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't this the guy that put a cheap move on Reggie after a tackle, twisting Reggie's ankles? This guy is good but also a major ***

Last edited:

Pdlc

NOT A FANBOY
Reaction score
Isn't this the guy that put a cheap movie on Reggie after a tackle, twisting Reggie's ankles? This guy is good but also a major ***

Some say it was definitely Bart Scott

saintsfan15

The One and Only
Reaction score
i would like him to come too but i would like DRC to come here also he looks like a stout coner back

john markins

veteran
Reaction score
Isn't this the guy that put a cheap movie on Reggie after a tackle, twisting Reggie's ankles? This guy is good but also a major ***

He was the guy that took out Drew in the Pro Bowl, I think.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom