N/S LB Terrell Suggs BAL mad at Ravens over tag $$ (1 Viewer)

BRSaintfan

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I would GLADLY trade the # 10 and some change to the Ravens for Suggs. He's far and away the top blitzing WLB in the league and he's only 24 yrs old. AND he can also play DE better than anyone we currently have. The Ravens can entertain trades other than two 1sts if they so choose. GET ON IT LOOMIS!!

P.S. - he's actually worth a 7 yr 49 million dollar contract, unlike Briggs.

Per Rotoworld:
Terrell Suggs has filed a grievance against the Ravens, arguing he should've been franchise tagged as a defensive end instead of a linebacker.
This was inevitable. The Ravens tagged him as a linebacker because the one-year tender ($8.065 million) is $814,000 cheaper than for DEs. Suggs says he played over 50% of his 2007 snaps at end. The Ravens contend he's always been listed at LB. The sides have broken off long-term contract talks.
Source: Baltimore Sun

Someone will surely reply that he plays in the 3-4 and it may not be known how well he'd transfer into a 4-3 system. But I'm sure he'd be an upgrade over Shanle, just not sure how much sense it would make to throw everything into getting him as opposed to just drafting a couple linebackers and seeing who sticks.

I also call into question your claim that he can play DE better than anyone we currently have. Again, in our scheme, of course.

Ravens played in 4-3 sets this year, hence the split at DE and OLB this past year. Suggs is light years ahead of any LB in the draft, with 3 years experience, and is at a comparable age (24) to any rookie. Also, he can play end in quarter and dime packages, when only 1 LB (Vilma) is on the field. A Fujita-Vilma-Suggs LB core would make Randall Gay look like Asante Samuel.

Last edited:
Suggs is very good but I dunnoooooo, if Loomis would give up our #10.

With that said, I'd love if he was a Saint

Top-3 pick? I would hesitate. A top-10 pick? (Suggs as compared to Dorsey or Rivers or Rodgers-Cromartie? Suggs, and its not even close.) Always take proven talent over the unknown.

Again, I would doubt that the Ravens would ever deal him, but I think it's worth a shot.

My goodness, that would be the deal of the year to bring him down here....

DO IT DO IT DO IT: Look like BRSAINTSFAN said rather take a proven player experience than someone that you wont know how he plays

The question is...Do you think your number 10 will be better than Suggs? Or do you think your 10 will produce quicker than Suggs??Me personally I would trade my 10th pick becuase you never kno what u getting from a rookie. But Suggs is a PROVEN linebacker!

This is over $800,000 bucks....I think its petty, considering he is getting $8mill.....but that's just me, probably because I'm hourly.

if he is franchised then don't we have to give them 2 #1's. isn't it a league rule?

Theres ways to get around that.

The ravens can trade him for whatever they want.

We could FORCE them to give up Suggs and it would cost 2 1st rounders.

Isn't this the guy that put a cheap move on Reggie after a tackle, twisting Reggie's ankles? This guy is good but also a major ***

Last edited:
Isn't this the guy that put a cheap movie on Reggie after a tackle, twisting Reggie's ankles? This guy is good but also a major ***

Some say it was definitely Bart Scott

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom