N/S: Lions looking to trade Stafford (Front office says it's not true-Mod edit) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, but that still doesn't put them in the "absolute dreck" category with Cleveland and Miami and the like.
Oh, totally. They were always in the hunt to make the playoffs under Marvin Lewis. I'm surprised he isn't someone's DC right now. He's a good coach who just could never get a win in the playoffs.

It's amazing how there is this pocket of the same franchises, year-in and year-out, that just never amount to anything. Sure, they have anomaly years here and there where they are decent, but they're really never real threats to win it all:

Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati are the teams that immediately come to mind.
Sucks too bc I’d like to see Detroit win a SB

Always wanted to see him under Sean Payton's system. It's a shame he wasn't able to do more in Detroit.

Like they say when it's brought up on Sirius. Ain't happening. That coach and gm had to win now or be out of work.
Healthy Stafford is better than any first year player

He’s as old and washed up as Brady and Rivers imo.

Brady is 42 and regressed quite a bit
Rivers is 38 and had an awful year
Stafford just turned 32 and was playing quite well before breaking his back

It's amazing how there is this pocket of the same franchises, year-in and year-out, that just never amount to anything. Sure, they have anomaly years here and there where they are decent, but they're really never real threats to win it all:

Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati are the teams that immediately come to mind.

We used to be one of those types of teams. I’m glad those days are long gone.

Stafford's wife twittered that San Diego would be the preferred trade destination.
Bob Quinn denies all this trade talk. (Ofcourse - he has to)
Ownership declares the FO must win or else. (but could be talked into anything really...lol)

Great way to either get someone to trade up to #2 for Tua so the Lions can get Chase Young and solidify their D and make the playoffs.
OR
Just draft Tua and sit back.

I'm glad I'm a Saints fan but I'm still envious of the Lions position.

Brady is 42 and regressed quite a bit
Rivers is 38 and had an awful year
Stafford just turned 32 and was playing quite well before breaking his back

Yes I should also be more respectful. Especially since my back is messed up too. Hope he heals well, but I still think he’s past his prime from the injuries and has nothing substantial left.

Stafford's wife twittered that San Diego would be the preferred trade destination.
Bob Quinn denies all this trade talk. (Ofcourse - he has to)
Ownership declares the FO must win or else. (but could be talked into anything really...lol)

Great way to either get someone to trade up to #2 for Tua so the Lions can get Chase Young and solidify their D and make the playoffs.
OR
Just draft Tua and sit back.

I'm glad I'm a Saints fan but I'm still envious of the Lions position.

That last comment made me chuckle. I don’t think I could ever be envious of the Lions. Ever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom