N/S: Looks like SD to LA may be a done deal... (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A stunner: Chargers plan to announce as early as Thursday they are moving to LA, ending 55-year stint with SD, league sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/819376593734946816">January 12, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's official I just saw on TV they plan to play the next two season in Carson at the stub hub center. Which is only 30,000 seats.

I wonder if Vegas will take a bet that San Diego will still win a Super Bowl before Atlanta.

They would've been better off moving to Portland!

Nothing like moving a team to a city that not already has a team, but a jillion other things going on (with a year-round nice climate I might add).. Awful move for Spanos... smh.. Seriously though, Portland is wayyyyy over-due for a team.. I mean really, what is Spanos thinking ??.. compete against the Rams...... terrible decision.

NW.

They would've been better off moving to Portland!

Nothing like moving a team to a city that not already has a team, but a jillion other things going on (with a year-round nice climate I might add).. Awful move for Spanos... smh.. Seriously though, Portland is wayyyyy over-due for a team.. I mean really, what is Spanos thinking ??.. compete against the Rams...... terrible decision.

NW.

I'm not against Portland or Portland having an NFL team. But I don't think the business side of it is as poorly conceived as you're saying.

Portland is the 24th largest TV market in the US. It has approximately 1.136 million "TV homes" (the ratings standard) in the market.

Los Angeles is the 2nd largest TV market in the US. It has approximately 5.489 million TV homes in the market.

You could fit five Portlands into LA.

Top U.S. TV markets: Cleveland-Akron-Canton moves up a spot to 18th | cleveland.com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom