N/S: LSU defensive back talks smack; gives bulletin board info for Crimson Tide (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
What an arse!

"I really see us dominating this (Alabama) offense. I really see us dominating this team," Thomas said Wednesday, according to the Times-Picayune.

LSU is riding a three-game win streak started by energetic interim coach Ed Orgeron, however, and has played more effectively on offense since the dismissal of former coach Les Miles. The Tigers welcomed back star RB Leonard Fournette last week, who broke a school record with 284 yards at Ole Miss' expense.

Hence, Thomas' confidence is unshaken.

LSU DB Dwayne Thomas predicts domination over Alabama - NFL.com

:gosaints:

Indeed, and although Saban might not admit it, you know his players eat that stuff up. No need to go poke a sleeping bear, you might get eaten alive. Heh.

One thing you guys can count on for this game is that Bama will not have the gaps on the D line like Ole Miss did for LF7 to run through. Etling is going to have to pass effectively in order for LSU to have a chance in this game and order for him to do that the O line is going to have to give him time.

The game is gonna be won/lost in the trenches. If the OL can get a bit of a push vs the Bama d, we should be able to put up plenty of yardage. Easier said than done against that stout DL. It will be a good test of where the team is headed. Should be a fun one. Can't wait.

While I hate giving bulletin board material to a team that does not need said material, it shows me that Orgeron is changing the culture at LSU. This might not be all positive news to some fans.....as I think he wants the team to have more swagger, kinda like the U from yesteryear. That's a big change from the mild mannered, low key approach Miles took.

I really have no idea what to expect from LSU against Bama. On one hand, I expect more of the same with Bama completely dominating the LOS on both sides of the football (which will lead to similar outcomes). Then, I have the pie in the sky dream that they play to potential and come out guns blazing...with something to prove. The former is more likely, but the latter would be a lot of fun to experience.

Maybe, but there's no denying this isn't classic bulletin board material. Like exact, to the letter bulletin board material.
I'd be willing to bet the Alabama locker room bursted out in laughter when reading this quote.

Bama will not NOT show up. Even at home it will be a tough fight for us and fans need to see us put up a tough fight

Bama will not NOT show up. Even at home it will be a tough fight for us and fans need to see us put up a tough fight

Bama will not show up? I am confused.

Double negative. He is saying Bama WILL show up. And Saban and Kiffin already have this quote up in the locker room, I can promise you that.

LSU will be a 9-11 point underdog. 9-11 point underdogs should go out and play the game and keep their mouths shut, not talk **** beforehand.

Alabama is a very good team. Sometimes good teams don't show up. They lose focus or lack discipline and upsets happen.
I do not expect that this alabama team will let that happen. Saban, if nothing else, is very good at keeping guys focused. He might be the best ever at that.

What we have to hope for is that the freshman qb gets over confident, rattled or otherwise impacted between the ears and we can make hay.

We have to avoid mistakes.

We have to expect to find a team on the other side that is willing to cut off their own nads to beat us.

Normally, I'd hate for a player to say something like this before a big game. But this year is different. I hope the team can back him up. I'll be honest, I think LSU wins this game by more than one score.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bulletin board material is overrated, unless it is something REALLY personal or outrageous. This is typical smack. If LSU loses, it won't be b/c of what Thomas said. I do like the confidence, though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom