N/S Many Saints' fans know the Lions' fans pain (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
As Saints' fans, we all know too well how it feels to be down & out. This is a SHOUT-OUT to the Lions' fans for this long, dark chapter coming to a close. They hadn't won a regular season game since 2007. :scared:

If you're a relatively new Saints fan, you might not understand the purpose of this thread. But if you remember years gone by, when we were the "whipping boys" of the NFL (and the butt-end of jokes on TV), you'll understand. We went 0-14 back in 1980 before winning our first game, and it wasn't any fun.
http://www.nosaintshistory.com/1980.htm

For the Redskins, Zorn's days are probably numbered. :covri:

Again, congrats to the Detroit Lions on their 1st win since 2007! :9:

Game stats: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009092702/2009/REG3/redskins@lions

:gosaints:

Mods: Broke this out into a separate thread only because of the how it relates to the frustration Saints fans know ALL TOO WELL from years-gone-by.

Oh man, I was so routing for the Lions yesterday, I enjoyed watching them finally win. I know that feeling all to well & it was sweet when they finally put it away.

Oh man, I was so routing for the Lions yesterday, I enjoyed watching them finally win. I know that feeling all to well & it was sweet when they finally put it away.

:plus-un2:

Yeah, you right bro! When I saw the final score, I did a quick rewind to that moment when the Saints won that 1st one in 1980, and I said .....Yesssssssssssss! :9:

I was watching that game and pulling for the Lions (or more accurately AGAINST the Deadskins). It's great coming to work and seeing them trash their own team.

Washington will bounce back this week ... Tampa has no chance going into Washington to face the Redskins after the Lions loss.

Washington will bounce back this week ... Tampa has no chance going into Washington to face the Redskins after the Lions loss.

Not so sure...

Teams that LOSE to teams coming out of a winless drought are often in a "funk" (the following week) because of the media, locker room finger-pointing, etc. All of that makes for a difficult time bouncing back with a "W" in the next game.

We'll see, but this might be a chance for Tampa to "git 'er done!" At this point, I think Tampa is setting up for a high draft pick in 2010, and to be "spoiler" now & then this season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom