N/S Mark Ingram (1 Viewer)

I am fan of Mark and I have always defended him even early on in his career when he was heavily criticized by fans. However bringing back former players never seem to work out the way it use to be. If you talking about next year, I prefer to move on to someone else if Murray isn't re-signed.

Murray still has 2 years left on his current deal. Granted he could be released for a cap savings of $2.5M but bringing Ingram back would cost more than that.

I think if Ingram gets released, he comes right back to New Orleans.

There was a radio interview with Loomis last year where he discussed why they didn't re-sign Ingram. His agent had everyone convinced that Ingram had offers of $7.75-8m/yr which was more than the Saints could afford. The Saints went out and signed Murray immediately because they assumed they had no chance at bringing Ingram back. Then the real details came out and Loomis said he was very upset because he'd have not hesitated to beat the Raven's offer.

Ingram does a podcast with Cam Jordan. He talks daily with Kamara. He spent his 2020 offseason vacations with Cam Jordan's family and Craig Robertson's family. It is clear he might wear a Raven's uniform but his heart is in New Orleans.

Also while I doubt Ingram signs anywhere for vet minimum, if he did, it'd be barely more than $1m a year.

Also while I doubt Ingram signs anywhere for vet minimum, if he did, it'd be barely more than $1m a year.

You're right. I looked it up.

I didn't realize a vet with 10 years accrued experience could be signed that cheaply. But it could be done.

More yards per carry, more yards per catch, less fumbles and is tackled for a loss at a lower rate.
We all know Ingram is playing through an injury this season.

Last season Ingram had 1,250+ yards from scrimmage and 15 TD. He averaged 5.0 yards/carry.

I'm guessing thats better than any season Murray has every had. And I like Murray, I'm not down on the him at all. He's been very good as a Saint.

Murray is an average back but was an upgrade over Ingram.

If only we would commit to using him the same way.
Only good things happen when Tay-Train gets the ball.

I miss what Mark brought to the locker room and to fans, but he and his agent were full of stupid during that offseason.
12 Mill a year....no one is believing that Mark.

We all know Ingram is playing through an injury this season.

Last season Ingram had 1,250+ yards from scrimmage and 15 TD. He averaged 5.0 yards/carry.

I'm guessing thats better than any season Murray has every had. And I like Murray, I'm not down on the him at all. He's been very good as a Saint.

Man I knew Ingram had a good year last year but 15 TD's at 5 ypc is insane. Best RB in the league type numbers. If not for CMac and Derrick Henry's historic years he might have been in the running for All-Pro

More yards per carry, more yards per catch, less fumbles and is tackled for a loss at a lower rate.

Actually Murray only has 7 fumbles in his career. Ingram has 11. They are actually closer than you think:

Ingram: averages 4.6 per carry
Murray: averages 4.1 per carry

Ingram: averages 7.3 per reception
Murray: averages 7.1 per reception

Ingram: longest rush is 75 yards
Murray: longest rush is 90 yards

Murray has 3 less years on his legs than Ingram. At this point I would rather keep him.

Last edited:
Well I'd love to see him come back here, retire here.

But the money.... we have $101 million cap space to free up next year. We're gonna lose a lot of people we want to keep.

Man I knew Ingram had a good year last year but 15 TD's at 5 ypc is insane. Best RB in the league type numbers. If not for CMac and Derrick Henry's historic years he might have been in the running for All-Pro

What's crazy is Ingrams' 2016 and 2017 seasons were better with 1362 scrimmage yards and 10 TD's and 1540 yards with 12 TD's while averaging exactly 5 YPC. I really don't think we appreciate what he did those two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom